Events for August 2015
- Victory Brewing 2015 BrewBQ August 01, 2015 - Plantation Field. 387 Green Valley Rd, Unionville
- Join us at Plantation Field on Saturday, August 1 from noon to 4pm for the 7th Annual Victory BrewBQ competition. The competition is a two-category BBQ cook-off! Each team will compete to see who can make the best chicken and ribs according to our judges. Come out to enjoy a day filled with live music, beer, and great food from the area’s local restaurants!
A variety of vendors will also be participating, come and grab some unique BBQ sauces, rubs, and maybe even some BBQ tips & techniques!
This year, you also will be able to taste and vote on the People’s Pork award for our restaurant competition.
General Admission is Free
- Allagash's 20th Anniversary Party @ Monk's Cafe August 05, 2015 - Monk's Cafe, 264 S. 16 St., Phila
- Starts at 11:30 a.m.; Up to 20 sixtels of Allagash beer to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Allagash Brewery in Portland, Maine. Pay As You Go.
- Frankenheim Alt Debut @ Brauhaus Schmitz August 05, 2015 - Brauhaus Schmitz, 718 South St., Phila
- Brauhaus Schmitz, will debut Frankenheim Alt, a lush German top-fermenting lager that is not available anywhere else in the United States tonight.The tapping of the first keg will take place at 5 p.m. and everyone’s first beer is complimentary – for the first 100 guests, or while supplies last.
- Cruise Night at Victory August 06, 2015
- 5 p.m.-8 p.m.; $20; An evening filled with delicious food and beer pairings, combined with extravagant vacation and getaway opportunities provided by Getaways Done Your Way.
- National IPA Day August 06, 2015 - All Across America
- Today is a day for beer lovers to celebrate Pale Ale. Whether your celebrations take you to your local brewery, favorite bar, or just to your couch with some Netflix.
- Brew Mile Philly August 07, 2015 - XFINITY Live! | 1100 Pattison Ave., Phila
- Finally an event that tests your liver as much as it tests your lungs, and is followed by one of the best parties of the year. We’ve got everything you and your friends need to have a one of a kind experience – an amazing running event with 4 beers, an epic afterparty (full of more free beer in most markets), a live music dance party, tons of games, and all the good times you can handle. There is no winner, there are no losers, and it’s all in support of local charities. Everyone’s just having fun, celebrating good craft beer, and supporting local charities. Think you have what it takes to be a Brew Miler? Registration online.
- Ommegang Belgium Comes to Teresa's Evemt August 07, 2015 - August 08, 2015 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Belgium comes to Cooperstown…oops, we really mean to Teresa’s. In honor of the famous BCTC every summer we’ve decided to pour a few of Ommegang very tasty beers. If you can't be there, be here.
- Pints For Pups @ Sunnybrook Ballroom August 15, 2015 - Sunnybrook Ballroom, 50 Sunnybrook Rd., Pottstown
- 4 p.m.-7 p.m.; $20-$75; Delicious food, loads of beer for the tasting, and live music. All proceeds from this dog-friendly beer tasting event will go directly to veterinary and pet care programs for people and animals in some of our most under-served and impoverished areas.
- Russian River Tasting @ Craft Ale House August 20, 2015 - Craft Ale House, 708 W. Ridge Pike, Limerick
- Featuring Consecration, Damnation, Blind Pig & Pliney the Elder. Starts at 6pm. Pay As You Go.
- Yards Brews Cruises at Penn's Landing i August 20, 2015 - Penn's Landing, Phila
- 7-9:30 p.m.; $44.90-$69.90; A dinner buffet and open beer bar featuring beers from Yards including their tart raspberry ale, Pynk. Ice cream pairings from Franklin Fountain.
- 100 Bottes of Beer on the River August 22, 2015 - Cavanaugh's River Deck, 417 N Columbus Blvd, Phila
- 100 Bottles of Beer on the River is BACK with our first ever Fall Craft Beer Festival! Come enjoy an afternoon of fun in the sun on the city’s largest outdoor deck while sampling over 100 craft beers! There will be live acoustic music, baggo and Unlimited Sampling for 4 hours. 2pm – 6pm. Tickets, beer list, more info on line.
- Dock Street Eighth Anniversary Party August 25, 2015 - Dock Street Brewery, 50th & Baltimore, Phila
- FROM DOCK STREET: We've been brewing beers + hand-tossing wood-fired pizzas for eight beautiful years in West Philly. To celebrate, we're serving up eight delicious beers to toast to the neighborhood, the firehouse, and our newest West Philly incarnation in the company's nearly 30 year history. 8 Beers for 8 Years of brewing at our newest location at 50th & Baltimore Ave. Pay As You go.
- Friday Night Sampling: Yard's August 28, 2015 - The Beer Yard
- The one, the only, the legendary Tom Kehoe, co-founder and owner of the region's oldest craft brewery will be in the house from 5-7 pouring his beers. You don't want to miss the most cheerful guy in the beer world, so definitely stop by.
- Upper Bucks Brewfest August 29, 2015 - 312 W. Broad St., Quakertown, PA
- The Upper Bucks Brewfest was created by Quakertown Alive in 2013 as a fundraising event to help support the revitalization efforts in downtown Quakertown. Noon-5pm. $10-$70; Beer and wine samples, live music by local performers, food for purchase from various local restaurants, local vendors, and a souvenir tasting glass.
- Lancaster Craft Beerfest August 29, 2015 - Lancaster Square & Binns Park, Lancaster, PS
- 3 p.m.-7:30 p.m.; $12-$55; Dozens of options from some of the best breweries, including those right in our neighborhood and from across the country. There will be great food and live music to enjoy as well.