Events for June 2008
- Mondial de la Biere May 28, 2008 - June 01, 2008 - Windsor Station, 1160, De la Gauchetière Street West, Montreal, Canada
- The annual The Mondial de la Bière celebrates the culture and heritage of beer in Montreal every Spring. Free admission, tickets for beers must be purchased. Hey, it's four days in Montreal, reason enough to head north. Details on website.
- Allagash Night @ Monk's Cafe June 03, 2008 - Monk's Cafe, 16 & Spruce Sts., Philadelphia
- Lots of Allagash at the Back Bar. Remember Monk's Stone Brewery Night last year? Yep, that's what they're talkin' about, except this time they will be offering all these great beers from Rob & Jason: Black - Four - Hugh Malone - Interlude - Odyssey - Triple Reserve - Victor - Victoria - White. Tom will breaking out some his private stash, too. Nine beers, CASH BAR ONLY. 5-8pm
- Meet The Brewer Series: The Great Tastes of Arcadia June 04, 2008 - Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd., Spinnerstown
- Sample four tastings & a pint of your favorite. Enjoy fantastic hors d' oeuvres prepared by Chef Karl. Make your reservation now! Seats fill up quickly! Beers to be sampled Cocoa Loco, London Porter, Hopmouth, fourth beer "To Be Announced".
$35 per person. 7-9pm
- Bridge Street Tastings: Earth Mart in Phoenixville June 05, 2008 - Earth Mart, 235 Bridge St., Phoenixville
- Local beer fan Joel "Dr. Joel" Armato will launch "Bridge Street Tastings" at Earth Mart on Bridge Street (in between Wolfgang Books and The Colonial Theater) by pouring organic beers from Peak Organics and Wolaver's. This is the first in what he hopes will be a a regular series of tastings with different beers and different Phoenixville businesses. 6-9pm., $3 for the requisite taster glass and as many samples as you want.
- Friday Night Sampling Special Event: Troegs Beer 'n' Burgers & Joe Sixpack Too! June 06, 2008 - The Beer Yard
- There are samplings and there are samplings, know what we mean? Well tonight's is a SAMPLING. Nick Johnson of Troegs will be here with all the Troegs beers and maybe a few surprise, along with Troegsburgers we will grill out front. "These are made from a cow that ate nothing but Troegs spent grain every day of his...her?--life," says Johnson, "happiest cow ever."
Hey, there's more. Don "Sixpack Russell" will be in the house, selling and signing copies of his "Joe Sixpack's Philly Beer Guide." Cool.
Beer, Beef and Best-selling author--Mark might just explode with excitement. 5-7pm, the best two hours of the weekend. Be here.
- BUZZ Off Homebrew Competition June 07, 2008 - Iron Hill Brewery # Restaurant, 3 W. Gay St., West Chester
- Brewers Unlimited Zany Zymurgists (BUZZ) will be holding the 15th annual BUZZ Off home brew competition at Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant in West Chester, PA. The BUZZ Off is both a BJCP and AHA sanctioned competition and last year received 270 entries from around the country. It is also a qualifying event for the prestigious Masters Championship of Amateur Brewing (MCAB). The BUZZ Off helps fund our club’s activities throughout the year, which promote beer and home brewing education. We are also proud to announce that a portion of our proceeds will be donated to Philabundance, a group committed to hunger relief in the Delaware Valley. 9:30am Prizes awarded at 5pm. Judging not open to spectators but awards ceremony is.
- Slow Food Pig Roast @ Philadelphia Brewing June 08, 2008 - Philadelphia Brewing Co., 2439 Amber St., Kensington
- This Annual Slow Food Philadelphia fundraiser will run 2-6 P.M. The pig and all the fixin's will be prepared by Feast Your Eyes (and oh what a feast it will be!) and you can try the city's newest brewery's new line-up of beers. Tickets are $35 for members, $40 for non-members. Tickets: call Slow Food USA 718 260-8000.
- Early Lager Brewing in Philadelphia June 10, 2008 - Triumph Brewing Co, 117-121 Chestnut St., Philadelphia
- Beer Historian Rich Wagner will give a PowerPoint presentation on "Early Lager Brewing in Philadelphia. 7pm/
- Special Three Beer Release @ Weyerbacher June 13, 2008 - Weyerbacker Brewing Co., 905 Line St. Easton, PA
- Three new beers--Thirteen, this year's Anniversary Ale, a Belgian style Imperial Stout; Riserva, an American Wild Ale fermented with Brettanomyces yeast and aged with red-raspberry puree in Oak barrels for over one year, then bottle conditioned in champagne bottles, and Alpha, and a Belgian style Pale Ale which is the first beer in the brewery's Brewer's Choice series of one-off brews will be released. The fourth beer will be a caged and corked release of Merry Monk's Ale in 750ml bottles. 5-8pm
- Friday Night Sampling: Weyerbacher June 13, 2008 - The Beer Yard
- Tonight we will be pouring Hops Infusion, Blanche, Muse and, more than likely, some other Weyerbacher favorite and Origlio Beverage's Katie Friedland will be on hand to talk about the beers and charm the crowd and maybe even grouchy old Mark. 5-7pm, every Friday, that's our time. And yours if you hustle on down.
- Friday the Firkinteenth June 13, 2008 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- Things are still in flux for the very popular and unique local celebration, we do know that tapping will being at noon and seven firkins will be pouring at a time until there are only six firkins left and so forth. Current Cask List:Appalachian TBA.
Dock Street TBA, Flying Dog TBA, Flying Fish TBA, General Lafayette TBA, Gritty McDuff (maybe), Iron Hill (North Wales) dry-hopped, Ironbound APA, Iron Hill (West Chester) Scottish Ale, Lancaster TBA, Legacy TBA, Nodding Head TBA, One Guy (maybe), Philadelphia Brewing TBA, Porterhouse TBA , River Horse Special Ale, Sly Fox TBA,
Stoudt TBA, Troegs Sh#t-Free Hopback (Nick says he is going to dry-hop the sh#t out of it), Voodoo (maybe), Weyerbacher TBA, Victory TBA and Yards (if possible). As "TBA" becomes, well, "A," we will be on the case here with updates.
- Victory @ Brasserie Perrier: Father's Day Beef & Beer June 15, 2008 - Brasserie Perrier, 1619 Walnut St., Phila.
- Victory Brewing and Brasserie Perrier are combining for a Father's Day Beef & Beer which is unlike any B&B Ever! Founding partner Bill Covaleski will be on hand to explain the beer. Menu: Amuse - Serrano Ham, Manchego, House-Made Pretzel & Apple Butter with Prima Pils; Appetizer: Duck Sausage, Spiced Cabbage & Caraway Spaetzle with V Twelve; Crispy Soft-Shell Crab, Jalapeño-Pecan Cole Slaw with Lemon Beurre Blanc, served Golden Monkey; Braised Beef Short Rib, Horseradish Gratin & Spring Onion Fondue, served with HopDevil IPA and as yet undetermined dessert which, if it's chocolate, will be served with Storm King Imperial Stout. 1pm $75 per person.
- Drafting Room 14th Anniversary Ale Release Party June 19, 2008 - Drafting Room, Exton & Spring House
- The Drafting Rooms' Annual Anniversary Ale has once again emerged from the magical brewhouse at Tröegs Brewing. Armed with new specs from The Drafting Room and a truckload of hops, the Brothers Trogner have created another memorable ale for the summer. There will be other treats, including a "special firkin" of the 14th Anniversary and last year's 13th Anniversary Ale also on draught. Both locations. Tap time 6pm.
- Friday Night Sampling: Dogfish Head June 20, 2008 - The Beer Yard
- Some obscure brewery from someplace in Delaware will be here pouring their beers, some which apparently involve fruit. And alcohol. Mark is really excited. 5-7pm as always.
- Voodoo Brewing @ Di Bruno's June 20, 2008 - Di Bruno Bros., 1730 Chestnut St., Philadelphia
- Brewer Matt Allyn, of Voodoo Brewery in Meadville, PA will be talking about his passion and the distinctive beers he makes. Some of the brews included in Allyn’s repertoire are Belgian-style ales; "off-breed wit" style; ales aged on fruit and seasonal IPA’s, along with other unique and creative beers that will be a wonderful pairing for the cheeses we will taste. Matt will talk about what it took for him to get up and running and discuss how he makes these wonderful beers. On of Di Bruno's cheese mongers will be explaining why they chose the 6 cheeses to pair with Voodoos beers. 6 – 8pm. $45 Reservations: 215.665.1659
- Garden State Brewers Guild Festival June 21, 2008 - Battleship New Jersey, Camden
- Taste offerings from 16 NJ breweries in a family friendly environment. Easy to get to from public transit or driving. Live music. Food available for purchase. Attendance limited to 750.
Tickets are $40 (includes tasting glass and self-guided tour of the ship) and can be purchased here. More details if and when we them.
- Fifth Annual Harrisburg Brewers Fest June 21, 2008 - 2nd & Locust Sts, Harrisburg
- Two sessions, 12-3:30pm, 5-8:30pm. Proceeds benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and more than $400,000 was raised the first four years. More details as they become available. Note that the web link is to last year's festival information.
- Sly Fox Beer Dinner @ Chick's Cafe June 24, 2008 - ChicK's Cafe, 614 S. 7th St., Philadelphia
- Join Sly Fox head brewer Brian O’Reilly, faithful beer ambassador Suzanne Woods, and the fine folks at Chick’s Café. Throughout the evening, Sly Fox beers will be offered side-by-side with the venerable world classics that originally inspired them: Belgian Saison, Bavarian Weisse, Northern German Pilsner, Irish Dry Stout, and Belgian Abbey Quadrupel. Chick’s Chef Jim Piano will contribute a similarly inspired four course dinner to help accentuate and complement each of these beers. Along the way, there will also be a few potable surprises courtesy of bartender Jon Medlinsky, a memorable cooking demonstration provided by Adam Gertler, the hometown hero of TV’s the Next Food Network Star, and also a musical finale performed by local singer-songwriter Iota. $65 (tax & gratuity not included). Reservations: 215.625.3700 or by email at Chickscafe@gmail.com.
- Odds 'n' Ends Night @ Monk's Cafe June 24, 2008 - Monk's Cafe, 16 & Spruce Sts., Philadelphia
- Tom was cleaning out the beer cellar and found a couple bottles of Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper, Blaugies, a few strong Avery's (are there any other kind?), Hitachino, Birra Baladin, Pater Lieven, St. Feuillen, Dogfish Head, Dupont... Get the idea? Some real gems - too many to list here, but too few of each to put on the bar's beer list. There will be a printed list with quantities & prices ready for you. CASH ONLY. 5-8pm.
- Meantime Brewery & Neal’s Yard Dairy Cheeses @ Di Bruno's June 27, 2008 - Di Bruno Bros., 1730 Chestnut St., Philadelphia
- It's an all-Britisn night as Jason Hinds, of Neal’s Yard Dairy, will be returning for his yearly visit to Di Bruno Bros. along with old time favorites from across the pond. Neal’s Yard cheeses are some best in the world. Jason’s expertise and knowledge on the subject is a must see for any one who loves cheese and wants to learn more about the products he imports and cheese making in general. They will be sampling a line-up of 6 beers from Meantime Brewery & some very special cheeses. 6-8pm $50