If you have a beer event or other activity coming up which would be of interest to our audience, please let us know so we can include it on our calendar.
Events for July 2008
- Meet The Brewer Series: The Great Tastes of Hook & Ladder July 02, 2008 - Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd., Spinnerstown
- Help support local firefighters at this Summer picnic bash
Sample four tastings. Enjoy fantastic picnic fare prepared by Chef Karl. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Milford Fire Company. #35. 7-9pm. Call: 215.536.7242
- Incubus Friday July 04, 2008 - Sly Fox Brewhouse & Eatery, Phoenixville
- It's that First Friday thing again but this time combined with our National Holiday. Will the Incubus firkin kick before 7pm as usual? Sooner? Later? Will there be fireworks? Only you can answer that and only if you show up. The taps open at Noon. Pay as you go.
- Revolutionary IPA Festival July 05, 2008 - Union Jack's Inn on Manatawny, 546 Manatawny Rd., Oley, PA
- 14 IPAs, including Bells Two Hearted Ale, Bear Republic Racer 5, Founders Centennial, Victory HopDevil, Sly Fox Rt. 113, Green Flash West Coast IPA, Blue Point Hoptical Illusion, Stone IPA, Ballast Point Big Eye, Lagunitas IPA, Weyerbacher Hops Infusion, Smuttynose IPA, Great Divide Titan IPA & Dock Street Rye IPA. Pay as you go, starts at Noon.
- Sly Fox & BBQ @ Citizens Bank Park (Mets Game) July 05, 2008 - Citizens Bank Park, South Philadelphia
- Sly Fox beers and Sweet Lucy's Smokehouse chicken and ribs will be featured at a BBQ before the Phillies v. New York Mets game as part of the July 4 Weekend celebration. $75 includes all the beer and food you can handle, a ticket to the game and a commemorative t-shirt. Optional bus transportation from Conshohocken, leaving at 2:30pm. Tickets can be purchased here or by calling 610.292.0880
- Local Beer, Local Wine, Local Food July 08, 2008 - Monk's Cafe, 16 & Spruce Sts., Philadelphia
- Monk's 11th annual Local Beer / Local Food dinner twill have the added panache of Chadds Ford Winery. Eric Miller from this award winning winery will be on hand for a dinner pair ingboth beer and wine with each course. The beers will be from local breweries and all the produce, meat, fish and fruit will be locally harvested. 7pm $65
- A Variety of IPAs July 10, 2008 - Drafting Room Exton, 635 N. Pottstown, Pike, Exton
- Award-winning brewer Brian O’Reilly from Sly Fox Beer will be on hand for a special presentation of Styrian Goldings from his year-long “IPA Project 2008: Also pouring: Sterling IPA, Horizon IPA, Target IPA (2007) & First Gold IPA(2007). Pay as you go. Taps open at 6pm.
- Friday Night Sampling: Peroni July 11, 2008 - The Beer Yard
- We will be pouring one of the best known Italian beers, Peroni. tonight from 5-7pm. Mark will be singing arias from La Traviata and La Boheme in the center aisle.
- Xmas in July July 11, 2008 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- No gifts, no carols, no Santa, just great Xmas beer that Scoats has been hording since December including Sly Fox Christmas Ale and Troegs Mad Elf. While supplies last, free Xmas dessert with purchase of dinner. 6-9pm. Pay as you go.
- Royal Stumble July 12, 2008 - Nodding Head Brewery & Restaurant, 1516 Sansom St. (second floor), Philadelphia
- On the second Saturday of every July, there comes the Stumble, the beer-fest-in-reverse. They want you to kick their kegs and they'll chase you around the room (as much as is possible among a sold-out crowd) to get it done. Plus a theme (this year it's mudwrestling) and costumes. Gotta be there if you can. 1-5pm. $40
- Bastille Day Festival July 12, 2008 - Eastern State Penitentiary, Fairmount Ave.
- The annual Fairmount Bastille Day celebration has become one of Philadelphia’s premier summer events, attracting thousands of visitors to the massive shadow of Eastern State Penitentiary’s wall along Fairmount Avenue.2:30-6pm REENACTMENT AT 5:30.
- Buy Fresh, Buy Local Kick-Off Party July 13, 2008 - Philadelphia Brewing Co., 2439 Amber St., Kensington
- The 6th Annual kickoff party offers local food (w/veggie options), local music (The Spinning Leaves) and, of course,
your favorite locally brewed beer - PBC. Tents and giant mist fans will offer relief from the heat. $20 ($25 at the door).
$35 family rate (two parents and two children 12 and under).
For more information or to purchase tickets: go here.
- Joe Sixpack Post Book Signing Beer Sampling July 16, 2008 - McGillin's Olde Ale House, 1310 Drury Street
- Joe Sixpack (a.k.a. Don Russell) will read from his book, Joe Sixpack’s Philly Beer Guide: A Reporter’s Notes on the Best Beer-Drinking City in America, at the Philadelphia Free Library tongith. Afterwards, McGillin’s Olde Ale House, will throw open its doors for “Joe Sixpack Night.” The reading starts at 7pm, the party at approximately 9pm. McGillin’s will serve “Joe Sixpack of Beer” – a beer sampler featuring six beers and $2 pints of a featured local microbrew. Russell will be on-hand to discuss his favorite libation and sign copies of his book (which will be available). For more information: 215.735.5562
- Weyerbacher 13th Anniversary Event July 18, 2008 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- You know how Scoats and his and of Grey Lodgers like anything 13 related, so they hustled out and got one of the
few sixtels of Weyerbacher 13 to be released. Joining the party tonight will be Chris Wilson, Weyerbacher's Head Brewer. 6-9pm. Pay as you go.
- Friday Night Sampling: Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale July 18, 2008 - The Beer Yard
- Patrick Mullin, Sierra Nevada's regional sales rep (you may remember him from his long tenure as the resident beer geek at Drafting Room Exton) will be pouting the brewery's anniversary beer, an IPA with loads of Cascade hops. Mark will assist....or not. 5-7pm
- John Francis & Friends @ General Lafayette Inn July 18, 2008 - General Lafayette Brewery & Inn, 646 Germantown Pike, Lafayette Hill, PA
- Prominent Philadelphia songwriter and social activist John Francis will bring together an incredible group of Philadelphia and New York cohorts (New York singer/songwriters Sarah Fullen and Kelley McRae and Philadelphian Hezekiah Jones) for one night of music to benefit The Philadelphia AIDS Fund. Francis has made a career of helping others, both through his music and his community involvement. His work at a South Philadelphia community center, participation in various Hurricane Katrina events and other social work have shaped the people around him as well as his own art. He was honored by ASCAP as the 2006 recipient of the prestigious Sammy Cahn Lyricist Award for his song "Love Came to Me Dressed in Red" and performed in October 2006 for the United Nations summit To End World Poverty. 7pm. $11 in advance, $13 at the door. Tickets available at the General Lafayette Inn. For more information: 610.642.0292
- Flying Fish Brewer @ Di Bruno’s July 18, 2008 - Di Bruno Bros., 1730 Chestnut St., Philadelphia
- Meet brewer Gene Muller as he talks about his trade and passion. Among the 6 beers will be Flying Fish Abbey Dubbel and the Hop Fish IPA. Six great cheeses have been selected which pair very well with these balanced beers, bringing out flavors as well as contrasting and complimenting each other. Among the cheeses on the line-up are the Gorwydd Caerphilly and Valtellina Casera. 6-8pm $45
- Good Food, Good Beer, and the Rest is History July 19, 2008 - Head House Square, 2nd & Lombard
- Dozens of local restaurants and regional craft breweries join together for this unique tastings under the Shambles at New Market in Headhouse Square. The Shambles is an historic covered open air market - so this is a rain or shine event!
This is the 4th annual fundraiser for the Philadelphia Convivium of Slow Food and Green Village Philadelphia.
Tickets available online. There will be tickets available @ the door. 5:30-8:30pm
- Summer Beer Dinner July 19, 2008 - Iron Hill West Chester
- Ceviche Playero (Rock crab, scallops, honey, manila mango, papaya, pineapple, jicama, pasilla chiles, grapefruit, lime and plantain tostadas) paired witrh
The Cannibal Strong Belgian Golden Ale; Roasted Pork Tamale…. Dan’s way Sweet corn, cilantro and cheesy grits) paired with German Pilsner;Pescado con Hongos Crema (Serrano marinated woodland mushroom-poblano cream, rustic smashed potatoes and grilled green beans) paired with Saison Belgian Farmhouse Ale; Pato en Clemole Castellano
(Grilled-roasted, red chilled rubbed duck breast, mole of ancho and pasilla chiles, pecan and hazelnuts with black beans, braised greens and crispy onions) paired with Black and Tan (Ironbound and Porter);
Chocolate Chipotle Cake with cajeta sauce paired with
Baltic Porter. 7 pm Only 30 seats available. $50 plus tax and gratuity. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
- Selinsgrove Beer & Wine Festival July 19, 2008 - Downtown Selinsgrove, PA
- Located in historic Selinsgrove, the First Annual Brew Festival starts a new tradition. 18 Breweries (and counting) and three wineries. 2-6pm. Tickets must be purbhased beforehand, no sales at the door. Get tickets here.
- Oregon Brewers Festival July 24, 2008 - July 27, 2008 - Tom McCall Waterfront Park, Portland, OR
- One of the nation's longest-running and best-loved craft beer festivals celebrates its 21st birthday this year. Seventy-two craft breweries from 18 different states will each send one product to serve at the event, hailed by many industry experts and beer fans alike as the premier craft beer festival in the nation. A 73rd beer, Collaborator, is a joint project between members of the Oregon Brew Crew homebrewing club and Widmer Brothers Brewing Co. More than 60,000 beer connoisseurs annually travel from around the world to sample the vast number of beer styles, which highlight the influences that different regions have on the brewing process. Admission free, a 2008 souvenir mug costing $5 is required for consuming beer. Hours are Noon to 9 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, and Noon to 7 p.m. Sunday. More details on website."
- Victory Promo @ Ron's Original July 25, 2008 - Ron's Original Bar & Grill, 74 E. Uwchalan Ave., Lionville
- Sales Rep Tracy Mulligan will be on hand with 8 taps of Victory happiness, including Wild Devil, athis recently refurbished spot along the Rt. 113 Beer Trail. More beers surprises as well, plus prizes. And Richard Ruch. 7-9pm
- Friday Night Sampling: O'Fallon July 25, 2008 - The Beer Year
- The beers from this award-winning Missouri brewery (5-Day IPA, Smoked Porter, Unfiltered Wheat and Wheach, a fruit version of the Wheat) just began arriving here this month and we thought we all ought to taste them because Missouri is the "show me" state and Mark is a "show me" kinda guy. 5-7pm
- Stewart's Big Beer Friday July 25, 2008 - Stewart's Brewing Company, Bear, Del.
- To prepare for its 13th Anniversary Party the next day, Stewart's Brewing offers Big Beer Friday the day before! There won't be bands or tents, but there will be any number of the following (depending on how long they last): Bourbon Stout, Cherry Dubbel, Barleywine 2008, Vintage Barleywines of past years, Bourbon Barleywines of past years, Stumblin' Monk, Abbey Dubbel and Conundrum. Yikes.
- Michigan Brewers Festival July 25, 2008 - July 26, 2008 - Riverside Park. Depot Town., Ypsilanti, MI
- 11th Annual Summer Beer Festival will showcase of more than 200 hand-crafted beers from over 30 local breweries; live music and food. Friday: 5-9pm; Saturday: 1-6pm. You can purchase tickets online here.
- R U Smarter Than Casey? (Plus Bourbon Abbey Dubbel) July 25, 2008 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- Scoats will be tapping a rare barrel of Bourbon Aged Flying Fish Abbey Dubbel,, joined us will be Flying Fish Head Brewer Casey Hughes. The crowd will play R U Smarter than KC?, matching wits against Casey. Take the crowd, give the points because, as the Grey Lodge website says, "plenty of winners are expected." 6-9pm.
- Stewart's 13th Anniversary Party July 26, 2008 - Stewart's Brewing Company, Bear, Del.
- For its Thirteenth Anniversary, Stewart's Brewing Company is venturing outside. for "great big party on the lawn across our parking lot!" Great beer, great food, fun and games for kids young and old and music. It will be a grand time under the beer-garden style tent, listening to music from the stage, enjoying our hand-crafted beer (including Stumbling Monk) and eating freshly grilled meat. 11am until..."
- Brew at the Zoo July 26, 2008 - Philadelphia Zoo, 34th & Girard, Fairmount Park
- The Fifth Annual Brew at the Zoo will feature more than 25 national, local and home brewers as well as food and entertainment. $40, $50 at the gate. 6-10pm. Call 888.317.8633
- Battle of the Brewery Bands (Rock & Rollin' for Charity) July 26, 2008 - Stoudts Brewing Co., Adamstown, PA
- All proceeds will be donated to charity. Local brew bands get to show off their other talents in a musical fight for the “Golden Keg” and the benefit of their choice. Proceeds will be donated to the winner's favorite charity. The winning band will have 50% of the proceeds donated to the charity. Second place winning band will receive 20% for charity, and the additional 30% will be divided up among the rest of the bands to donate. 6-10 pm, ticket price is $20 which includes beer, food & music. Only 600 tickets will be sold.
Participating breweries will bring a keg of their choice. Participating Bands: Tröegs, Victory, Legacy, Union Barrel Works, PA. HomeBrew Club, and Stoudts of course. Only 600 tickets available call 717-484-4386 X204."
- New Jersey Brewers Brunch July 27, 2008 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- Join Lew Bryson & Mark Haynie for the launch of their new book, New Jersey Breweries, Lew and Mark will be on hand selling and signing their book. New Jersey beers on tap and our brunch menu will be available. 11am -2pm. Pay as you go. Lew is willing to sign body parts.
- Belgian Style Breakfast Buffet July 27, 2008 - Drafting Room Exton, 635 N. Pottstown, Pike, Exton
- Breakfast Buffet $15.95 (Mussels in a lager beer broth, Waffles with cherry lambic syrup,Belgian cheese fondue, Roasted garlic steak frittes with garlic chive aioli, Carved maple porter glazed pork loin, Stout spiked chocolate cake) plus al la carte Begian beer menu: Ellezelloise Hercule Stout, Flemish Primative Wild Ale (“Pinhead”), Cantillon Bruocsella 1900 Grand Cru, Blaugie Saison d’ Epeautre, Malheur Brut & Malheur Brut Dark.
- Christmas In July July 28, 2008 - Victory Brewing Company, Downingtown
- Starting today, Victory will celebrate Christmas in July by having three vintages of Old Horizontal on tap. It may be summer outside but one sip of this luxurious rich barleywine and you’ll be reminiscing of the cooler days ahead. On Monday only, you can “make the spirits bright” at home by filling a growler with any vintage of Old Horizontal. Merry Christmas in July, but don’t wait to celebrate because this will only last through the week of July 28th or until the kegs run out.
- Heavy Seas Night July 31, 2008 - Drafting Room Exton, 635 N. Pottstown, Pike, Exton
- Clipper City Brewing and their Heavy Seas Line will be featured. A firkin of Heavy Seas Loose Cannon, plus their seasonal Hang Ten Weizen Doppelbock and the always popular Peg Leg Stout and Uber Pils. 6pm/