Events for February 2010
- Spring House Chester County Beer Release Party @ TJ's February 02, 2010 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, 35 Paoli Plaza, Paoli
- Join Spring House Brewer Matt Keasey from 6 to 8pm. On Tap: Kerplunk Imperial Stout, Planet Bean Coffee Porter, Smoked Porter, Two Front Teeth Saison & Seven Gates Pale Ale. Available in Bottles: Kerplunk Imperial Stout. Planet Bean Coffee Porter & Beyond the Gates DIPA. Pay as you go.
- Hawaiian Shirt Beer Breakfast and Lucky Cat Beer Prognostication @ Grey Lodge February 02, 2010 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Phila.
- One of the strangest, most enjoyable beer events anywhere. Seriously, anywhere. Doors open at 7am. After that...well, go check out the website.
- Meet the Brewer Series: Weyerbacher @ Spinnerstown February 03, 2010 - Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd., Spinnerstown
- Meet The Brewer Series Presents Weyerbacher Brewing Company featuring: Merry Monks', Fireside Ale, Hotel, and Delta. All paired with opulent culinary creations
prepared by Chef Karl. Only a few seats remain for this event! $40 per person. 7pm Start
- West Coast Brewery Night @ Drafting Room Exton February 05, 2010 - Drafting Room Exton, 635 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton
- Featuring Stone Double Bastard (2006), Russian River Blind Pig, Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, Coronado Idiot IPA, Green Flash West Coast IPA, Sierra Nevada Life & Limb, BrewDog/ Stone Collaboration Bashah, Moylan’s IPA, Sierra Nevada Edge of Darkness, Anderson Valley 20th Anniversary, Eel Brewing Salient du Scotia Brune & Green Flash West Coast IPA (Firkin). Tap time is 6pm, pay as you go.
- Strong Ale Fest @ Union Jacks' on the Manatawny February 06, 2010 - Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny, 546 Manatawny Rd, Oley, PA
- Starts at 11am, every beer over 10%! Grab a driver and head on over: The beers;
Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA 18%
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout 18%
Lost Abbey Angels Share 12%
Heavy Seas Hang Ten Weizenbock 10%
Green Flash Barleywine (2008) 10%
Manayunk Wheat Wallop 10.6%
Manayunk Nokdechilloff Barleywine (2007) 12.7%
Spring House Raspberry Quad 10.5%
Founders Black Biscuit Barrel Aged Porter 11%
Founders Wheat Wine 12%
Stone Imperial Russian Stout (2006) 10.5%
Russian River Consecration 10%
Bells Hopslam 10%
For more information: 610.689.0189
- Belgium Comes to West Chester (Iron Hill) February 06, 2010 - Iron Hill Brewery # Restaurant, 3 W. Gay St., West Chester
- Beginning at 2 p.m., head brewer Larry Horwitz will bring together a host of the East Coast’s finest craft brewers for the annual Belgium Comes to West Chester event celebrating Belgian beers.
Horwitz will join brewers from at least six other Iron Hill locations in bringing their finest Belgian-style beers to the event. The list of Iron Hill beers that will be pouring include: Framboise, Cassis, Cherry Dubbel, Farmer Chuck, Oak Quad, Heywood, Peppercorn Tripel and Nocturnum.
Other guest breweries and beers will include: Dogfish Head - Red and White, Cambridge Brewing Company - Weekapaug Gruit and Tripel Threat, Flying Fish Brewing Company - Exit 4, Harpoon Brewery - Jed’s Donkey, Manayunk Brewery - Yunkers Nocturnem, McKenzie’s Brewhouse – Vatour de Bois, Nodding Head Brewery and Restaurant – Rudy’s Kung Fu Grip, Rock Bottom Brewery and Restaurant – Grand Cru, Sly Fox Brewery – Dale’s 10K, Stewart’s Brewing Company - Obscurum, Troegs Brewing Company – Mad Elf, Victory Brewing Company – Abbey 5, Weyerbacher Brewing Company - Fourteen and Yards Brewing Company – Old Bartholomew. The event will go until the beer runs out.
- The Beers of Chimay @ Spinnerstown February 10, 2010 - Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd., Spinnerstown
- The Beers of Chimay with Special Guest Luc “Bobo” Van Mechelen of Manneken-Brussel imports, Inc 7pm start Price TBA.
- Friday Night Sampling: Caldera February 12, 2010
- Beers from this Oregon brewery arrived here for the first time on Tuesday (just beating the snow) and we will be sampling their IPA and Pale Ale tonight, 5-7pm as usual. Come and have a beer and throw a snowball at Mark. Such fun.
- Valentine's Day Dinner @ Hawthornes February 14, 2010 - Hawthornes Beer Botique & Eatery, 738 S. 11 St., Phila.
- Three courses paired with beer and a special aged Chocolate Stout nightcap to boot:
First Course (Choose One)
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Mesculin Orange & Fennel Salad
Second Course (Choose One)
Braised Beef Short Rib with Artichoke Croquette & Stewed Pigeon Peas
Butter Braised Halibut with Pork Belly Hash
Wild Mushroom & Asparagus Risotto
Dessert (Choose One)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cake with Chocolate Ganache
6pm $60 per persons. 215.627.3012
- Valentine's Day Dinner @ Arena Bar & Grill February 14, 2010 - Arena Bar & Grill, 380 Coal St.,Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Valentine's Day Beer Dinner---5 Super Premium Beers, 5 Courses. Limited seating.For reservations: 570-970-8829
- Iron Hill Beer-Off @ Earth Bread + Brewery February 18, 2010 - Earth Bread + Brewery, 7136 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia
- Sixtels from all the Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant locations will be on tap and the first one to kick will be proclaimed Best Brewer Ever or something like that. All different styles and count on a good representation of the IH brewers to be on hand. 6pm Pay as you go.
- Sly Fox Night @ Drafting Room Exton February 18, 2010 - Drafting Room Exton, 635 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton
- A pin of Odyssey Imperial IPA will be the centerpiece of the event, with these beers also pouring: Amarillo Pale Ale, Columbus Pale Ale, Argentinean Cascade Pale Ale, O'Reilly's Stout, Keller Pils, Gang Aft Agley Scotch Ale, Dunkel Lager, Schwarz Bier & Incubus. Tapping at 6pm. Pay as you go.
- Haiti Earthquake Relief Fund Raiser @ Dawson St. February 19, 2010 - Dawson St. Pub, 100 Dawson St., Manayunk
- Dawson St. Pub, Yards Brewing and Philadelphia area musicians will come together to show some brotherly love for Haiti at 9pm. Headlining the benefit will be Cabin Dogs, a Philadelphia-based band who can be heard on 88.5 WXPN-FM and seen at venues and festivals all over the east coast. Along with other special guests, they will be joined by one of Philly’s grooviest and most-likeable acts, the Adam Monaco Band, as well as Brett Morgan and Ted Van Berg of the always fun and supremely talented Off-Duty Superheroes. The show is sponsored by the Dawson Street Pub and Yards Brewery. In addition to the suggested donation of $10, the proceeds of Yards beer specials and raffle drawings will benefit the Haitian Professionals of Philadelphia, who are coordinating medical volunteers and supply shipments to Haiti from Philadelphia. For more information: 215.482.5677
- Foodery Beer Class @ Dos Segundos February 19, 2010 - Cantina Dos Segundos, 931 N 2nd St., Philadelphia
- Come out and sample ifferent beer types and learn how to describe their flavors with the Foodery’s own beer pros at Cantina Dos Segundos. 4pm Tickets are $15 per person, and are on sale at both Foodery locations.
- Foodery Beer Class @ Local 44 February 20, 2010 - Local 44, 4333 Spruce Sts., Philadelphia
- Come out and sample 12 different beer types and learn how to describe their flavors with the Foodery’s own beer pros at Local 44. 3pm Tickets are $15 per person, and are on sale at both Foodery locations and at Local 44 (cash only at Local 44 please).
- New Holland Beer Brunch @ Teresa's February 21, 2010 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- "A Bit Inventive, A Bit Home Style, All Good" is the next installment of New Holland Brewery & Teresa's growing list of beer and food jam sessions, February's Beer Brunch will feature some complete innovation, an homage to Southern breakfast traditions, and a little something for that sweet tooth of yours. Each course will be prepared with and accompanied by a New Holland beer:
Fruit Terrine & Black Tulip Sabayon served with Black Tulip Belgian Tripel;
Biscuits & Charkoota Rye Sausage Gravy served with Charkoota Rye Smoked Dopplebock;
Dragon's Milk Pastry served with Dragon's Milk
All beers will be on tap in addition to Mad Hatter IPA and a cask conditioned version of the Poet Oatmeal Stout on the handpump. $25 / seat (price covers food & beer - reserve in advance). 11:15am - 12:30pm
- Tomme Arthur @ Memphis Taproom February 22, 2010 - Memphis Taproom, 2331 E. Cumberland St., Philadelphia
- Memphis Taproom will host Port Brewing and Lost Abbey brewer Tomme Arthur for a night of chitchat and world class beer. The draft lineup will include Mongo Double IPA, Older Viscosity, Hop 15, Wipeout IPA, Gift of the Magi ('08) and Carnivale in addition to some super limited edition surprises. Everything will be priced to move, and bald folks with glasses get an additional $1 off Port Brewing and Lost Abbey drafts. 6-8pm.
- Victory Beer 'n' Cheese Dinner @ Avalon February 23, 2010 - Avalon, 312 S. High St., West Chester, PA
- Bill Covaleski, brewmaster, Victory Brewing, and Emilio Mignucci, owner, DiBruno Brothers will host a 4-course, Guided Beer & Cheese Dinner on Tuesday, February 23 at 7 p.m. Each dish will highlight an artisanal cheese and be paired with a beer from Victory. $50 per person including 4-course dinner and beer pairings. Limited space available. For reservations call 610/436-4100.
- Stone Vertically Challenged Event @ CAH February 24, 2010 - Craft Ale House, 708 West Ridge Pike, Limerick
- Stone Brewing’s rep Lee Marren will be in the house to help CAH offer up three different vertical flights, featuring:
Double Bastard – ’06, ’07, ’08, ’09
Russian Imperial Stout – ’06, ’07, ’08, ’09
Old Guardian Barleywine – ’06, ’07, ’08, ’09
Other Stone brews will on tap, including Vertical Epic 9-9-09. 6-11pm. Pay As You Go.
- Sam the Man Visits Earth Bread + Brewery February 25, 2010 - Earth Bread + Brewery, 7136 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia
- Dogfish Head's Sam Calagione will be in the house with some--can you believe it?--unusual beers, including a special one from the Rehoboth Beach brewpub. The excitement will be palpable and the beers palatable, which is a Very Good combination. 6pm Pay as you go.
- Suds For Buds & General Lafayette Inn February 25, 2010 - General Lafayette Brewery & Inn, 646 Germantown Pike, Lafayette Hill, PA
- Half the proceeds go to the Pennsylvania SPCA. 7-10-pm $25
- Foodery Beer Class @ Nodding Head February 27, 2010 - Nodding Head, 1516 Sansom St., Philaldelphia
- Come out and sample different beer types and learn how to describe their flavors with the Foodery’s own beer pros at Nodding Head. 1pm Tickets are $15 per person, and are on sale at both Foodery locations and at Nodding Head.
- FriendFest Beer & Wine Benefit February 27, 2010 - Beltzner Hall Kutztown Fairgrounds, Kutztown, PA
- Beverages from nine breweries, six wineries, two cideries and a meadery; food available for purchase. Two sessions: 11:30am - 2:30pm; 4:30 - 7:30pm. $25
- Beats, Brews & BBQ @ World Cafe Live February 27, 2010 - World Cafe Live, 3025 Walnut St,, Philadelphia
- This 6th annual event is already SOLD OUT, both the regular and VIP sessions.
- The Philadelphia Brewery Tour Revisited February 27, 2010 - Philadelphia Brewing Co., 2439 Amber St., Kensington
- Since 1987, Rich Wagner has conducted 20 tours of Philadelphia's breweries old and new. This presentation highlights the sites, history and people of those tours. 3-4pm. 215-427-2739