Events for June 2010
- Victory Beer & Grilling Dinner @ Avalon June 01, 2010 - Avalon, 312 S. High St., West Chester, PA
- Avalon will host a Beer & Grilling Dinner with Victory Brewing. Brewmaster Bill Covaleski has matched Avalon Sous Chef Barry Salop's 4-course menu with Victory Beers. Menu: Tomato & Grilled Fennel Soup with Sweet Vidalia Onion Gelato paired with Victory Helios Ale; Country Duck Pate, Arugula Salad, Caponata, Gherkins paired with Victory Crostini St. Victorious Dopplebock; Seared Halibut, Grilled Asparagus, Mussels & Saffron Herbed Brodo paired with Victory Prima Pils & Rice Pudding with Marinated Local Strawberries, Basil, Black Pepper & Orange Oil paired with Victory V-Twelve. Vegetarian options available, upon request.
$50. 7-10pm. 610.436.4100 for reservations.
- Mondial de la bière June 02, 2010 - June 06, 2010 - Windsor Station & Courtyard, Montreal
- The 17th edition of the Mondial de la bière.
- Guided Taste of Germany's Brewing Heritage & Regional Beer Styles @ German Society of PA (PBW Event) June 05, 2010 - German Society of Pennsylvania, 611 Spring Garden St., Philadelphia
- Drinks writer Marnie Old leads you through a seminar featuring 10 distinctive regional German and Austrian beers that range from Weissbier and Kölsch to Dunkel and Doppelbock. Noon-2pm $30
- 12% Imports @ Teresa's (PBW Event) June 05, 2010 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- 12% Imports Multi-Brewer Beer Tasting and Pig Roast. This will be an extravaganza not to miss! Starts at Noon.
- Beers on Broad St. (PBW Event) June 05, 2010 - Downtown Kennett Square, PA
- A fund-raising event for Historic Kennett Square, a non-profit 501 C-3 organization. It will feature hand-crafted beer from local brewers, food from local restaurants and live music by local bands. Held on S. Broad Street Between State and Cypress Streets, 1-5 p.m. Rain or Shine. Music by: Steve Liberace Band. $50 per person; $10 for designated drivers. Tickets available online.
- Phoenixville Pub Crawl (PBW Event) June 05, 2010 - Rt. 113 & Bridge St., Phoenixville, PA
- Nine locations, from the Epicurean and Sly Fox out on Rt. 113 and the others along Bridge St. Featured brewer at each location, free shuttle between locations. Locations and featured beers/brewers: Baxter's @ 101 Bridge (Stoudt's), Bistro on Bridge (Yards), Columbia Bar & Grill (Lancaster), Epicurean Restaurant & Bar (Manayunk, Boxcar), Franco Ristoranti (Weyerbacher) Iron Hill (selection of Iron Hill beers), Molly Maquire's Irish Restaurant & Pub (Troegs, Sierra Nevada), Pickering Creek Inn (Victory, Sly Fox (BS1 official Philly Beer Week beer). 1-5pm. Pay As You Go.
- The Brothers' Bash: The Tröegs Philly Beer Week Invasion @ Johnny Brenda's (PBW Event) June 06, 2010 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 N. Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- Doors open at 2pm, Show at 3pm Featuring: 12 Tröegs beers on tap plus 2 Tröegs beers on handpump. With 3 bands (all band members are brewery employees) playing and an opportunity to meet the Tröegs brothers! It's the biggest Tröegs event of the entire week. $5. Pay As You Go.
- Smoke 'Em If Youse Got 'Em @ Yards (PBW Event) June 06, 2010 - Yards Brewing Co., 901 N. Delaware Avenue, Philadelphia
- 30+ smoked beers. 10+ amateur BBQ contestants. Live music and probably the best party during PBW. If you miss this, you'll regret it. $55 1-5pm
- "Black Tie" Beef & Beer 150th Anniversary Party @ McGillin's (PBW Event) June 06, 2010 - McGillin's Olde Ale House, 1310 Drury St, Phila
- McGillin's Olde Ale House, Philadelphia's oldest continuously operating tavern, will throw a Creative "Black Tie" Beef & Beer Dinner to celebrate its 150th anniversary, starting at 5pm/The massive gala will be the biggest event McGillin's has ever thrown - with partying outside and on both floors of the tavern. A portion of the proceeds will benefit immigrants to Philadelphia, like Irishman William "Pa" McGillin was before opening his tavern in 1860.
The 2-story, inside/outside, ticketed gala will feature an 3-hour open bar (with craft beer, wine and cocktails), an opportunity to meet local brewers, a hearty dinner of comfort foods (featuring Carved Beef, an Irish Potato Bar, Salad Station, and a "Flavors of McGillin's" Station with wings, Tacos, Shepherd's Pie, German Sausage Bites & other favorites), entertainment and prizes for the most creative black tie dressers. Only 300 tickets are available, at $45 per person. Tickets include a 3-hour open bar, hearty dinner, entertainment, prizes and the opportunity to meet local brewers, beer geeks and even a Ma McGillin look-a-like. To reserve tickets contact Chris Mullins, co-owner of McGillin's, at firstname.lastname@example.org. 215.735. 5562 for more information.
- Drie Fonteinen Event @ Teresa's (PBW Event) June 07, 2010 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- Armand Debelder of Drie Fonteinen, the only remaining traditional geuze blender in Belgium, will be here! We will be featuring Beersel Lager, Drie Fonteinen Doesjel, Oude Gueze, Oude Kriek and two vintages of Schaerbeekse Kriek. 6pm start.
- Philly Beer Week Suburban Kickoff @ TJ's (PWB Event) June 07, 2010 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, 35 Paoli Plaza, Paoli
- Join owners, brewers and reps from Stillwater, Cigar City, St. Somewhere, Voodoo, Boulder, Ballast Point and 12% imports as Bella Vista takes over TJ's for the annual PBW kickoff in the 'burbs.
Tap List: Ballast Point Sculpin, Ballast Point Sea Monster Imperial Stout, Ballast Point Three Sheets, Ballast Point Victory at Sea, Boulder Killer Penguin, Boulder Mojo Risin, Cigar City Cubano Espresso Maduro, Cigar City Humidor Series Gruit, Coronado Idiot IPA, Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree, Eel River Salient du Scotia (Belgian Brune), Sixpoint Gorillla Warfare Coffee Porter, St Somewhere Pays du Soliel Saison, Stillwater Stateside Saison. Stillwater Cellar Door, Stillwater/Voodoo, Collaboration (A yet to be named spiced brown witbier). Voodoo Wynona's Big Brown
Cambier Imports: Hopfenstark Saison Station 55 (Hoppy Saison), Broadway Pub Le Petite Maudite (Belgian Dubbel). Trou du Diable Claymore Cerise (A Scotch Ale with Cherries)
12% Imports:Het Alternatief Ambetanterick (Imperial Stout). Emelisse Winterbier Belgian Dark Ale. Emelisse Imperial Russian Stout
Flights will be available. 2-10pm Pay As You Go.
- Local Firkins for Local Firefighters @ TJ's (PBW Event) June 08, 2010 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, 35 Paoli Plaza, Paoli
- Firkins: Dock Street West of Center Pale Ale, Flying Fish Exit 6 Belgian Rye, Sly Fox Brotherly Suds BS1*, Stoudts (TBA). Troegs Oak-aged IPA. Yards (TBA). Proceeds benefiting Paoli Fire Company. Firkins will be tapped at 4PM Brewers, reps and the Paoli Fire Co. arrive at 6PM Pay As You Go.
* The special collaborative beer created by Sly Fox, Yards, Victory, Troegs and Stoudt's for PBW.
- Bavik Brewery @ Teresa's (PBW Event) June 08, 2010 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- Meet the Brewer of Petrus & Bavik . Petrus Oak Aged Pale Ale on Tap. 6-8pm
- The Trivial Pursuits of Sam Caligione @ Resurrection Ale House (PBW Event) June 09, 2010 - Resurrrection Ale House, 2425 Grays Ferry Ave., Phila.
- From the "What-Were-They-Drinking-When-They-Came-Up-With-This-Event?" desk: join Sam Caligione and his Dogfish Head Beers take over the bar (and all of the taps)
for an entire afternoon. While Sam plays Trivial Pursuit with as many as will challenge him (yes, the really hard original version in the blue box) the rest of us can enjoy an entire line-up of Dogfish Head beers on draft! Starts at 2pm.
The tap-take-over includes: Burton Baton, Black & Blue, 90 Minute IPA, India Brown Ale, Pangea, Raison d'Etre, Festina Peche, Theobroma, Red & White, Life & Limb, Chateau Jihau, World Wide Stout, and 75 Minute IPA on cask.
- Extreme HomeBrew Competition with Sam Calagione @ Jose Pistola's (PBW Event) June 09, 2010 - Jose Pistola's, 263 S. 15th St., Philadelphia
- This event will offer a bountiful sampling of extreme homebrews with the most extreme entry, as chosen by Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head , winning and then being co-brewed with DFH for the Pro-Am Competition at an “upcoming Great American Beer Festival." There will also be a Pay As You Go lineup of “commercial extreme beers with homebrewing roots” available. Doors open at 7pm. $15.
- Pay Conway, owner of Great Lakes Brewing @ TJ's (PBW Event) June 10, 2010 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, 35 Paoli Plaza, Paoli
- On Tap: Blackout Stout, Holy Moses Witbier, Lake Erie Monster DIPA. Dortmunder Gold Lager. Eliot Ness Amber Lager. Edmund Fitzgerald Porter. Commodore Perry IPA &
Burning River Pale Ale. 6-10pm Pay As You Go.
- Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Beer Release @ Teresa's (PBW Event) June 10, 2010 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- We will be featuring the first half-barrel of the one-off brew made at Sierra Nevada by the Philly Beer Week Beer Campers. This top secret conglomeration of Philly publicans, craft distributors and some of our favorite beer writers will be sure to surprise you. We will have more details when we are allowed to talk about it! Get Excited!!!
- Forum of the Gods @ Johnny Brenda's (PBW Event) June 10, 2010 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 N. Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- In the name of Zeus, the clouds will part… a blinding light will shine… and the very Hammer of Glory will crash upon the earth. It’s the first-ever Chamber of the Holy Lords of Malt, the Thunderdome of Hallowed Yeast-Pitchers, the Inner Ring of Bottle-Rackers! Behold the 1st annual Philly Beer Week FORUM OF THE GODS: Jim Koch, Boston Beer
Phil Markowski, Southampton Brewing; Tom Kehoe, Yards Brewing; Wendy Yuengling, Yuengling; Joe Sixpack, moderator. 3-5pm. $25 (includes samples from all four brewers). When they’re finished, there will be nothing left but spent grains...
- 3rd Annual Bobo-Fest @ Teresa's (PBW Event) June 11, 2010 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- Bobo from Chimay is back for the third straight year and we couldn't be happier. He will talk and tell stories about Belgium, monasteries and of course the Trappist Ales of the Scourmont Abbey. How could you possibly want to miss having a beer with this man? Especially you ladies...
- Odells Brewery @ Capone's June 11, 2010 - Capone's, 224 W. Germantown Pike, Norristown. PA
- 1st time on East Coast for Odell's, one of Colorado's best breweries. 2 to 4:00 pm Pay As You Go.
- Stone/Brewdog Collaboration @ TJ's (PBW Event) June 12, 2010 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, 35 Paoli Plaza, Paoli
- Join James Watt, owner of BrewDog and Lee Marren, Stone Rep Extraordinaire. Tap List - BrewDog: Zeitgiest Schwarzbier, Bashah (Stone/BrewDog Collaboration), Punk IPA, Tokyo Imperial Stout, Dogma (Ale brewed with honey, kola nut, poppy seed and guarana): Stone: Imperial Russian Stout, Saison du Buff (Stone/Victory/DFH Collaboration), Dry Hopped Arrogant Bastard, Ruination, Levitation Pale Ale. 4-7pm/ Pay As You Go.
- Main Line Food & Jazz Fest 2010 June 12, 2010 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- We will have Troegs firkins and more for the thirsty throng.
Remember pouring Blind Pig in the rain last year?
- Sly Fox Presents T.U.D. @ Fergie's Pub (PBW Event) June 13, 2010 - Fergie's Pub, 1214 Sansom St., Philadelphia
- Join Fergie, brewers with no dignity and the Ladies Beer Club of Philadelphia for embarrassing scenes and some special beer - BS1- a great collaboration. T.U.D. - the Totally Unnecessary Drink. 7-11pm Pay As You Go.
- Amazing PBW Race & Music Fest @ Dock Street (PBW Event) June 13, 2010 - Dock Steet Brewery, 701 S. 50th St, Philadelphia
- 12:00-2:00pm: Starting in CC & ending at Dock Street
The 3rd Annual Philly Beer Run returns as The Brew Lounge and Dock Street join again to offer an afternoon of running and fun, eating and beer, and--for the first time---a live music and cookout festival at the end of the race. The 6-7 mile run begins at City Hall with four "challenges" scattered across the city; runners you earn points for completing the tasks and for returning back to Dock Street.
The Music Fest begins right after the race and runs from 2-6PM. It's a good old fashion block party (well, sort of), with live music, outdoor grills, and beer. Grilling and chilling to the sounds of Grandchildren, Chasing Arethusa, West Philly will be rocking!
- Drafting Room 16th Anniversary Ale Debut June 17, 2010 - Drafting Room Exton, 635 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton
- Brewed to Drafting Room specs by Tröegs Brewing. 6pm to midnight. 610-363-0521
- Sierra Nevada Beer Dinner @ The Farmhouse June 18, 2010 - The Farmhouse, 1449 Chestunt St., Emmaus, PA
- Join the Farmhouse Restaurant in Emmaus as they celebrate one of the pioneers of the craft brewing industry in the US, Sierra Nevada Brewing. This 30th Anniversary Celebration will be hosted by a special brewery rep and will include two of the 30th Anniversary brews as well as a special tapping of vintage 2005 Bigfoot Barleywine. Five courses for $65. 7-10pm. Reservations at 610-967-6225.
- Friday Night Sampling: Lancaster Kolsch (Can) June 18, 2010 - The Beer Yard
- Lancaster Brewing is joining the beer in cans revolution sweeping through craft beer and you'll have one of the earliest opportunities to enjoy the newly canned Lancaster Kolsch right here from 5-7pm. Let's see how many cans you can talk Mark into crushing on his forehead.
- 7th Annual Harrisburg Brewers Fest June 19, 2010 - 2nd & Locust Sts., Harrisburg, PA
- Tröegs Brewing Company is teaming up with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Central Pennsylvania to put on the seventh annual outdoor beer and music festival in downtown Harrisburg. Two sessions, 12:00 - 3:30pm and 5:00 - 8:30pm on Locust and Third Streets with the main entrance at the corner of Second and Locust Streets in downtown Harrisburg. There will be samples from up to 50 breweries and up to 3,500 beer lovers from across the United States will attend this event. The ticket price covers unlimited beer samples from participating breweries, a collector’s sampling mug, and entertainment from several bands. There will also be reasonably priced food concessions available. Tickets now on sale at the website.
- Steer & Beer Dinner @ Bar Ferdinand June 24, 2010 - Bar Ferdinand, 1030 N 2 St., Philadelphia
- , Bar Ferdinand (1030 North 2rd Street, 215-923-1313), will offer a Steer & Beer dinner featuring creative dishes using Prime Black Angus Beef from Green Meadow Farm paired with craft beer from River Horse Brewing Co. Created by Chef David Kane, the five course beef-centric meal will cost $65 , excluding tax and gratuity, or $45 per person for the menu without the beer pairings. Reservations suggested but not required.
The Steer & Beer Menu:
A Mezze Plate of beef tartare, albondigas with spicy sofrito and cecina, paired with Double Wit Belgian-style Witbier;
Roast Beef Bocadillo with horseradish aioli and beef jus, paired with unfiltered River Horse Lager;
Seared Scallops over Beef Shank Ragu with, saffron spaetzle and asparagus a la plancha, paired with Special Mild English Alel;
Braised Beef Belly with sunny side up egg, shaved mojama and organic mixed mushrooms a la plancha, paired with Hop-A-Lot-Amus Imperial IPA, a spicy hop-flavored ale with notes of orange rind, white pepper and brown sugar;
Apricot Tarte Tatin with crème fraiche ice cream and pink peppercorns, paired with Tripel Horse Belgian-Style Tripel.
For reservations call 215.923.1313 or use the website.
- Friday Night Sampling: Arcadia Ales June 25, 2010 - The Beer Yard
- We will be pouring Whitson Ale, Hop Rocket Imperial IPA and, new to our store, Sky High Rye, from this well-liked Michigan brewery, 5-7pm. Look for info about the Sky High in our New Arrivals list early next week. Look for new information about Mark as soon as the private eye gets back to us.
- PBW Scraps Day @ TJ's June 26, 2010 - TJ's Restaurant & Drinkery, 35 Paoli Plaza, Paoli
- Everything that TJ's didn't get to tap during Philly Beer Week will be on: Russian River Consecration, Russian River Registration Ale, Troegs Scratch 31 (Citra IPA), Southern Tier 2XIPA, Arcadia Hop Rocket, 2008 Eel River Tripel Exultation, 2009 Dogfish Head Old School Barleywine, Dogfish Head 75 Minute IPA - FIRKIN, Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron, Dogfish Head Immort Ale, Dogfish Head Festina Peche, Dogfish Head Sah'tea, Bear Republic Crazy Ivan, Stillwater Oliver's Channel Crossing, Petrus Oak Aged Pale Ale, Great Divide Espresso Oak Aged Yeti, Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, Meantime Chocolate Porter & Emelisse Imperial Russian Stout. For information: 610-725-0100
- Garden State Craft Brewers Guild 14th Annual Beer Festiva June 26, 2010 - Battleship New Jersey, Camden Waterfront, NJ
- This is a rain or shine event held on the Fantail under tents alongside the Delaware River Waterfront. $40 includes logoed sampling glass and a self-guided tour of the most decorated Battleship in U.S. History. Live music. Food available for purchase. 1-5pm.