Events for September 2010
- Meet the Brewer: Fegley's Brew Works @ Spinnerstown September 01, 2010 - Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd., Spinnerstown
- Meet the Brewer Presents a Summer Crab Boil
with Fegley’s BrewWorks featuring: Four beers all paired with a traditional Crab Boil: Strummin’ Summer Blonde Ale, Hefeweizen, Devious Imperial Pumpkin & Hop’solutely Triple IPA . 7pm Start $45 per person. Reservations: 215.536.7242
- Italian Sparkers & Cheese @ Tria September 02, 2010 - Tria Fermentation School • Medical Arts Building, 1601 Walnut St, Phila
- Enjoy an effervescent evening with David McDuff of McDuff's Food & Wine Trail and Tria's own Erin McLean as you taste and toast the nuances of Italy's sensual, celebratory sippers and their lovely lactic companions. Pair bubbly Prosecco, Franciacorta, Lambrusco, Moscato, Brachetto and more with fresh, luscious, pungent, crunchy and blue cheeses from the best regions in Italy. Now that's la dolce vita! 6:30 - 8:00 PM. $68 per attendee
- Johnny Brenda's 2nd Annual Pils Picnic September 03, 2010 - Johnny Brenda's, 1201 N. Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- Enjoy an end of summer beer-fest at the 2nd Annual Pils Picnic at JBs! This region is becoming famous for our incredible local pilsners, so drinkable and so delicious. Here's what's going to be on tap starting from noon and into the night:
Dock Street Bohemian Pils, Manayunk Bill's Pils, Troeg's Sunshine Pils, Southampton Keller Pils, Stoudt's Pils, Victory Prima Pils, Sly Fox Pikeland Pils, Sly Fox Keller Pils- FIRKIN!, Victory Braumeister Pils- Saaz, Victory Braumeister Pils- Spalt.
- West Coast Brewery Weekend @ Drafting Room September 03, 2010 - September 05, 2010 - Drafting Room, 635 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton
- Pay as you go, starts at 6pm Friday. The beers: Sierra Nevada Beer Camp ExPorter, Russian River Consecration, Hair of the Dog Blue Dot, Left Coast Hop Juice, Bear Republic Racer X, Stone 14th Anniversary, Port Brewing Wipeout, Green Flash Grand Cru, 21st Amendment Back in Black, Russian River Supplication, Lagunitas a Little Sumpin' Sumpin', Ballast Point Sculpin, Lost Abbey Avant Garde & Rogue Captain Sig's Northwestern (Firkin).
- Labor Day Weekend Port / Lost Abbey Extravaganza @ Teresa's September 03, 2010 - September 06, 2010 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- From the website: Tomme will be here in liquid form only, sorry. Although after a few glasses he may still speak to you though his beers.
Beginning no later than Friday September 3rd we will be featuring a whole sh#tload of Tomme Arthur's best brews... Avant Garde, Carnevale, Gift of the Magi, Serpent Stout, 4th Anniversary, Mongo, Summer Pale Ale, 2009 Brandy Angel's Share and 2010 Bourbon Angel's Share all on tap... possibly more...like Hop15 and WipeOut...
Expect food and cheese pairings and possibly even a pig roast too, look out!
- Friday Night Sampling: Magic Hat September 10, 2010 - The Beer Yard
- Beers will be pouring, spirits will be soaring and Mark will be doing his Magic Hat dance. Must be seen to be believed. 5-7pm
- 3rd Annual Firkin Pig Roast @ Spinnerstown September 11, 2010 - Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd., Spinnerstown
- Featuring a fantastic assortment of casks beers along with opulent culinary creations prepared by Chef Karl. Breweries: Fegley Brew Works, Sly Fox, Victory & Weyerbacher. Noon to 4pm. 215-536-7242.
- 40th Annual (Beer) CAN-vention September 11, 2010 - Valley Forge Convention Ctr., N. Gulph Rd., King of Prussia
- They say: meet hundreds of collectors of all sorts of brewery advertising collectibles: trays, labels, coasters, glasses, neons, steins, tap handles, lights and signs of all description, new & old, national, local & craft brewers, and 1,000,000 beer cans. 9:00am – 3:00pm/. A small admission fee may be charged. More information: 215.412.2344.
- Local Beer / Local Food Dinner @ Monk's September 14, 2010 - Monk's Cafe, 16 & Spruce, Philadelphia
- Tom's annual Local Dinner. All beers and food served will be sourced from within 50 miles. They might stretch that just a bit for the beers, though. The staff is working with farmers already to be sure there is some very interesting food available. Detail will follow. 7pm
- Yards Keep the Pint Night @ FWOT September 15, 2010 - Fingers, Wings & Other Things, 107 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- 7:30 – 9:30pm. Featuring $4. Yards Drafts. Pay As You Go. Rick Anstotz from Yards Brewing will be in the house. Featured Pours: Philadelphia Pale Ale and Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale. More info: 610.828.6191
- Great American Beer Festival September 16, 2010 - September 18, 2010 - Colorado Convention Center, Denver, CO
- America's most important beer festival. All details on website. SOLD OUT AS OF MID-AUGUST.
- 2nd Annual Saison Fest @ Tap & Table September 16, 2010 - September 18, 2010 - Tap & Table, 4226 Chestnut St., Emmaus, PA
- An event for folks who couldn't make it to Denver for GABF this year. What's tapping when:
ON CASK (firkins) ALL WEEKEND:
Bullfrog Busted Lawnmower wet hopped
Sly Fox Grisette
St. Somewhere Wild Flower (a one-off firkin made for the event) (tapping Friday)
Stillwater Stateside Saison
The Bruery Saison de Lente
Jandrain-Jandrenouille V Cense
Pretty Things Jack D'or
Lost Abbey Red Barn Ale
Sly Fox McBane Solstheis
Hopfenstark Saison du Repos
Jandrain-Jandrenouille Saison IV
Dupont Avec Les Bons Vouex
St. Somewhere Saison Athene
Hof Ten Dormaal Blonde
Jolly Pumpkin ES Bam
Glazen Toren Saison D'Erpe Mere
Del Ducato Nuova Mattina
Cigar City Guava Groove
Blaugies La Moneuse
- Building a Better Boyerstown Oktoberfest September 18, 2010 - Inner Core Parking Lot off Reading Ave., Boyertown PA
- The Wine & Beer Tent at Boyertown will feature Sly Fox beers and wines from Blair Vineyards & Manatawny Creek Winery from Noon-9pm. . The celebration begins at 10am. For more information regarding this event contact: 610.369.3054
- 13th Annual Capital City Invitational Beer Festival September 18, 2010 - Appalachian Brewery, Harrisburg
- ABC Harrisburg will host two sessions of this beer-tastic event: 2-5pm and 6-9pm. The $35 advance admission ($40 at the door) includes samples from over 20 participating craft brewers, an authentic German food buffet, a commemorative sampling glass, live brewing demonstrations, merchandise vendors, polka, rock and roll, and great people who love great beer! Designated driver tickets are available for $15 per session, which includes the food buffet, non-alcoholic beverages, and the live entertainment. Tickets available at all ABC locations and at the website linked above.
- Dogfish/Sly Fox "Flights & Bites" at Savona September 21, 2010 - Savona, 100 Old Gulph Rd., Gulph Mills
- Dogfish Head's Wendy Domurat and Sly Fox's Suzanne Woods will be on hand for a Flights & Bites Event. It will be offered to everyone all over the "Bar Savona" area which includes outside, upstairs and the bar. Three beers for each brewery. $49 for the full deal or choose parts of it or just drink the beer. Pay As You Go. 5:30-10PM. More information: 610.520.1200
- Randall the Enamel Animal Relaunch @ Resurrection Ale House September 22, 2010 - Resurrrection Ale House, 2425 Grays Ferry Ave., Phila.
- Dogfish Head is relaunching its legendary hop transducing Randall the Enamel Animal at eight locations across the country tonight and Resurrection Ale House is the Mid-Atlantic location. Nicely enough, it all ties in neatly with Resurrection's one-year anniversary party, already scheduled tonight. More details (presumably) at the website.
- The Other Side of Sam (a Very Special Friday Night Sampling) September 24, 2010 - The Beer Yard
- First of all, we will be pouring all the beers you never think about when you think Sam Adams: Pale Ale, Boston Ale, Black Lager, Coastal Wheat, Irish Red and the new IPA. That alone ought to be reason enough to be here 5-7PM.
But we're raising the ante, because Mark insists.
The two entries in this year's Samuel Adams Beer Lover's Choice competition (the annual judging which determines the new beer that will be released the following year) will also be pouring for you to vote on. Come in and try Samuel Adams Belgian-style IPA and Samuel Adams American Rye Ale and let those guys up in Boston know what to do next.
- Craft Beer Experience @ City Tap House September 25, 2010 - City Tap House, 3925 Walnut St., Philadelphia
- This is Philadelphia Magazine’s first ever Craft Beer Experience. Guests can look forward to excellent food pairings and a day of beer education along with beers from over 20 local, national and international breweries.
- Funky Sour Saturday @ Union Jack's Manatawny September 25, 2010 - Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny, 546 Manatawmy Rd/, Oley, PA
- Starts at Noon. The beers: Petrus Aged Pale, Russian River Consecration, Ommegang/Liefmans Zuur, 1809 Berliner Weisse, Bells Oarsman, Pretty Things Jack D'or, Ichtegems Grand Cru, St. Feuillien Saison, Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge, Cuvee Des Jacobins Jong Lambic, Cuvee Des Jacobins Oud Lambic, Urthel Saisonierre. Pay As You Go.
- Anti-Reinheitsgebot Oktoberfest Beer Dinner & McKenzie Malvern September 30, 2010 - Mckenzie Brew house, 240 Lancaster Ave. Malvern
- To kick off the second annual McKenzie-fest weekend at both the Malvern and Chadds Ford locations, brewers Ryan Michaels and Gerard Olson will host an Anti-Reinheitsgebot dinner on McKenzie Brew House Malvern’s outdoor deck and patio tonight. The dinner will feature several courses of German-inspired fare, each complemented by a German-influenced beer. The dinner is priced at $39 per person, excluding tax and gratuity.
The beers: Pumpkinfest, brewed with Pennsylvania Dutch pumpkins, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and ginger;
Oktoberfest: A malty, strong amber lager brewed with black pepper; La Faute: A dark, strong lager brewed with candied sugar; Oer Faute: La Faute, aged in a French red wine barrel in the house micro flora, providing added acidity, depth, and complexity; Krüg Bier: A hoppy, orange-colored German Ale made with lots of candied sugar and German Hops.
7 courses, $39, 7pm. More info & reservations: 610.296.2222.