If you have a beer event or other activity coming up which would be of interest to our audience, please let us know so we can include it on our calendar.
Events for April 2012
- Blowin' It Up For Cancer w/ Victory April 01, 2012 - Paradise Farm Camps, 1300 Valley Creek Road Downingtown
- Come out to Paradise Farm Camps and participate as we "blow up" cancer. Watch as a massive pumpkin cannon (The Big 10 Inch) sends watermelons straight through cars. Enjoy some Victory beer and food at this once-in-a-lifetime outdoor extravaganza. With admission you will receive a chance to pull the trigger and launch a watermelon at speeds that come close to the speed of a .45 caliber bullet directly at an automobile. 100% of proceeds are being donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Noon-5pm. Buy tickets using the website link above. More info: 610.269.9111
- [Saint] [foo] [YEN] @ Teresa's April 03, 2012 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- St. Feuillien's very own Dominique Friart will be joining the fun us all the way from Belgium for a very special pairing menu. Many of her beers will be featured: Blonde, Brune, Tripel, Saison, Grand Cru and more.
- Brews & Bowties April 05, 2012 - Ethical Society of Phila., 1906 S. Rittenhouse Sq., Philadelphia
- When was the last time you wore a good old-fashioned bowtie while sipping high-end regional brews and supporting a great cause? Introducing BREWS & BOWTIES - the only regional beer event that infuses craft brews with high fashion. It happens at the Ethical Society of Pennsylvania on Thursday, April 5 from 6-9pm where you can sample specialty beers from the region's finest craft breweries, nosh on tasty hors d'oeuvres, listen or dance to live music, and, if you like, learn how to tie a bowtie like a proper socialite. You will also be supporting Victory's own Matt Krueger as he campaigns for the title of Man of the Year. You can help him win by helping others fight cancer. You can donate to his campaign for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and/or you can purchase tickets to Brews & Bowties! $60 per person. All net ticket sales are donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Buy tickets right here. Use coupon code VICTORYLLS for $10 off your ticket.
- Ice Ice (Baby) Beer April 05, 2012 - Tria Fermentation School
- There wasn't much ice this winter, but we're making up for it with a class on Ice Beer with local brewing hero Tom Baker, first of sorely missed Heavyweight Brewing Company and now of Mount Airy's wonderful Earth Bread & Brewery brewpub. By "Ice Beer" we don't mean the cans of hangover sitting by the Bud Light in your neighborhood bodega. We're talking about already great beers that undergo "fractional freezing," meaning they're brewed in the usual manner and then chilled to 24 to 28 degrees. Ice crystals form and are filtered off, giving the beer more body, more alcohol – just more! Tom will taste us on four Earth beers in both before and after guises. Plus we'll throw in a German Eisbock, the style that inspired this whole creative adventure.
- Hoppy Easter @ Teresa's April 06, 2012 - April 08, 2012 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- Beginning today at noon, and not before, TND will be tapping the following: Hop Mouth, Mojo Risin, Nugget Nectar, Union Jack, Double Jack, Blind Pig and Pliny the Elder. Double Crooked Tree, Peeper and more hops back up this sticky lineup. Teresa's Next Door Open Hoppy All Weekend, even Easter.
- Friday NIght Sampling: Evil Genius April 06, 2012 - The Beer Yard
- Evil Genius founders Trevor and Luke will be here hawking their Good 'n Evil Golden Ale from 5-7pm. Mark will be good 'n evil as well, as always. Whatever.
- Easter Hopfest @ Union Jack's April 07, 2012 - Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny, 546 Manatawny Rd., Boyertown, PA
- Starts at 11am, Pay As You Go. A A firkin of Firestone Walker Union Jack is the featured attraction. Complete beer list, other info available online.
- Split Thy Skull (It's Moving!) April 07, 2012 - Tattooed Mom, 530 South St., Philadelphia
- After 16 years at Sugar Mom's, Philly's original barley wine and strong ale festival is moving locales - to the other Mom in town - Tattooed Mom. PBC's own, Chris "The Enabler" Morris is putting together a lineup that will pound your pesky grey matter into submission. More info: 215.238. 9880 ? Pay As You Go. 1-5pm
- The Beers of the Cellar April 10, 2012 - Monks Cafe
- Tom just wanted to sort through all those beers in the cellar and that took a while to organize. Now that he sees what we actually have on hand this dinner will be in the back room and limited to 24 tickets
- Weyerbacher Beer Dinner April 11, 2012 - Leaf Cigar Bar & Restaurant, Leaf, 90 Mort Drive, Easton
- Weyerbacher Brewing and Cigar Agency are co-hosting a four courses starting with Duck and Barley Empanadas and ending with ''Chocolate Excommunication;'' five Weyerbacher brews, and two complimentary cigars: a Hammer & Sickle Robusto and an ORTSAC Bulletproof Toro for enjoying before and after dinner, respectively. The Humidor at Leaf will be open and you'll be able to cash-in on some great cigar deals. 6-9pm $69.99 Per Person. Reservations: 610-559-1336
- Friday the Firkinteenth @ Grey Lodge April 13, 2012 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- The 25th Friday the Firkinteenth! Tapping begins at Noon. 26 firkins, 7 of them pouring at a time, another added for each one as it kicks. Full menu available starting at 11am; food service won 2nd floor only. Complete list of beers and more info available online. Pay As You Go.
- Friday NIght Sampling: Southampton April 13, 2012 - The Beer Yard
- Tonight's beers will be Double White, Spring Seasonal Bier de mars and the New Burton IPA. 5-7pm as usual. Be sure to congratulate Mark on his forthcoming nuptials.
- Bock Bier Fest April 14, 2012 - Cannstatter Volksfest, 9130 Academy Rd,, Philadelphia
- OOM-PAH the night away with the Emil Schanta Band and the GTV Almrausch Schuhplattlers. $10 In Advance ( $12 At Door) for unlimited Music, Dancing and Laughter . $25 WRISTBANDS (At Bar) for unlimited Maibock Bier. 6-11pm. . Tickets: 215-385-5166 or online.
- Southern Tier Promotion @ Drafting Room April 14, 2012 - Drafting Room, 635 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton
- Iniquity Imperial Black Ale, Imperial Choklat , Un*Earthly Imperial IPA, Oak Aged Pumking, Gemini , Imperial Oat, Eurotrash Pilz & Oak Aged Backburner will be pouring, plus a 2 XIPA Firkin. Shangy's Sales Rep David Reh will be on hand with T-shirts, pint glasses and giveaways. Tap time is Noon. More info online.
- Girls Just Wanna Have Suds @ Victory April 16, 2012 - Victory Brewing Co. 420 Acorn Ave., Downingtown
- Join Victory for their fourth ladies-only, Girls Just Wanna Have Suds event: Beer and Cheese. Victory will be partnering with some of our local women cheese makers to present a ladies-only night complete with great beer and cheese. Appetizers will be available early on along wiht plenty of beer and cheese to sample and discuss. Starts @ 6pm. $30. Buy Tickets Here.
- Monk's Mad Monday - Duvel/Ommegang April 16, 2012 - Monks Cafe
- Megan Maquire will be here to hand out special Duvel glasses to our guests. We will be featuring 6 drafts from Duvel/Ommegang including:
Tickets to our Sierra Nevada / Russian River dinner also go on sale at 11:30 tod
- Firkin Off: Sly Fox v. Victory at Drafting Room April 18, 2012 - Drafting Room, 635 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton
- Two fine breweries, two special beers. Who will triumph? The beers: Sly Fox Brewer’s Select Zythos (6.8% American-style Pale Ale brewed with Zythos hops: “a proprietary pellet blend comprised of many of the Northwest’s most unique hop varieties") and Victory HopDevil Bold (6.7% an American-hopped India Pale Ale which offers an aromatic punch and then follows through with a lasting, full-bodied finish). 6:45 Tap Time. Pay As You Go.
- Sam Adams Tap Takeover @ FWOT April 18, 2012 - Fingers Wings and Other Things, 107 - 109 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- Rare and limited Sam Adams beers. More info at 610.828.6191.
- The British Invasion April 20, 2012 - Tria Fermentation School
- The sun never set on the British cheese and beer empire. Get swept up in the cheese craze from the British Isles with Di Bruno Bros. fromager (and Ferm School favorite) Rich Morillo. Taste updated versions of old favorites (cheddar from cows that eat spent whiskey grain!) and fall for some off-the-beaten-path fermentations from Wales and Ireland just hitting the States. These superstar cheeses taste even better with beer, so we're serving rockin' versions of British-style and British-inspired ales presented by Daniel Endicott, co-brewer/owner of Ambler, PA's brand new (it's not even open yet!) Forest & Main Brewing Company. Dan is all about British ale, and he'll share with you some of his creations from across the Schuylkill, as well as favorites from across the pond.
- Susqeuhanna Ale Trail Inauguration April 20, 2012 - April 22, 2012 - York County, Penna.
- This is the second of two weekends introducing the new Susquehanna Ale Trail created by the York County Convention & Visitors Bureau. It comprises seven breweries, brewpubs, and craft brewing outlets in Pennsylvania's scenic Dutch Country Roads region: Bube's Brewery, Mount Joy; Good Dog Taproom, York; Lancaster Brewing Co., Lancaster; Mr. Steve's Homebrew & Wine Supply, York; Mudhook Brewing Co., York; Stoudt's Brewing Co., Adamstown, and Tröegs Brewing Co., Hershey. More details online.
- Friday NIght Sampling: Long Trail April 20, 2012 - The Beer Yard
- Long Trail Come help us celebrate Earth Day weekend with Long Trail, We will have Long Trail Glassware with Tree Seeds. Maybe Mark will plant something. 5-7pm.
- StationTaproom 2nd Anniversary Celebration April 21, 2012 - Station Taproom. 207 W. Lancaster Ave., Downingtown
- Join them in celebrating 2 wonderful years in Downingtown.
On Tap: Troegs Nugget Nectar; Russian River Pliney the Elder. Supplication & Temptation; Founders, Backwoods Bastard and Port Old Viscosity, plus a firkin of Ithaca Flower Power on the Hand Pump. Additional beers from: Jolly Pumpkin, Hill Farmstead. Tired Hands Brewing & Victory Brewing Co. Starts at Noon. Pay As You Go.
- Spring 2012 w/ Dogfish Head @ Teresa's April 21, 2012 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- From the website" :For those who can't wait, April 21st we'll be pouring super fresh 120 Minute and Worldwide Stout as well as Black & Blue and Red & White. There will be a few usual suspects too." Pay As You Go.
- DFH Takeover @ Craft Ale House April 23, 2012 - Craft Ale House, 708 West Ridge Pike, Limerick
- A SUBURBAN BEER WEEK EVENT. To kick off SBW, CAH will have 15 Dogfish Head beers on tap, a firkin of 75 minute on the bar, and is bringing in extra tap boxes to pour a vertical tasting of World Wide Stout from 2008, ’09, ’10 and ’11.
Beers on tap at 5pm, Firkin tapping at 6pm. Pay As You Go. 484.932,8180
- Clown Shoes Brewing Tasting @ French Quarter Bistro April 24, 2012 - French Quarter Bistro, 215 Main St., Royersford
- A SUBURBAN BEER WEEK EVENT. 610.792.7292. No further detail provided. Starts at 6pm.
- IPA & Canjun Throwdown April 25, 2012 - Various Venues
- A SUBURBAN BEER WEEK EVENT. Each bar pairs a selected IPA with Cajun Style Tapas @ Craft Ale House, Lucky Lab Tavern., French Quarter Bistro & Railroad Street Bar & Grill. You be the judge as each place offers their best Cajun inspired dish with a 5oz pour of an IPA of their choosing (something good, don’t worry). You will receive a card that will get stamped when you order the pairing, take it with you to the next place and get stamped again. Only those who have cards with all stamps from all four bars will qualify to pick the winner of the throwdown. Pay As You Go. Starts at 5pm at all locations.
- Fruit Beer/Chocolate Beer Tasting @ French Quarter Bistro April 26, 2012 - French Quarter Bistro, 215 Main St., Royersford
- A SUBURBAN BEER WEEK EVENT. Starts at 6pm/ 610.792.7292. No further details provided.
- Troegs Tasting and Firkin Event @ Lucky Lab Tavern April 27, 2012 - Lucky Lab Tavern, Lewis Rd., Royerford
- A SUBURBAN BEER WEEK EVENT. Starts at 4pm. No further details provided. 610.948.8088
- Pa Flavor 2012 April 28, 2012 - State Farm Show Comllex, Harriburg
- PA Flavor: The Ultimate Beer and Food Pairing will be held 1-5 p.m. VIP Admission at 1, General Admission at 2. This Expo is presented jointly by the Pennsylvania Brewers Guild, the American Culinary Federation and the Department of Agriculture’s PA Preferred Program, and is designed to showcase the many unique beer and food offerings in Pennsylvania. up to 40 Pennsylvania breweries along with 20 PA Preferred food producers and 20 PA Preferred restaurants will be present. $50 General Admission (presale), $60 General Admission (day of event)
$75 VIP Admission (gives attendee an extra hour including butler passed hors d’oeuvres and specialty craft beers). More info and ticket purchases available online.
- Manayunk Brew Fest Extravaganza: Beers Gone Wild April 28, 2012 - Manayunk Brewery & Restaurant, 4120 Main St., Manayunk
- Back for the 14th year in a row, the Brew Fest Extravaganza: Beers Gone Wild is a craft beer tasting event featuring two dozen breweries and over 50 craft beers all outside on the banks of the Schuylkill River. Tickets will be available at the door the day of the event. 1-5pm More info at web link.
- Spotlight on Colorado Breweries @ Railroad Street Bar & Grill April 28, 2012 - Railroad Street Bar & Grill, 36 Railroad St., Linfield
- A SUBURBAN BEER WEEK EVENT. Boulder, Avery, Left Hand, Breckenridge, Great Divide and More will be pouring. Starts at 2pm. No further details provided.
- McCoole's Beer Festival April 28, 2012 - McCoole's, 10 S. Main St., Quakertown
- Over 60 beers promised. More details online.
- Barrel Aged Beer & Food Pairing Dinner @ Craft Ale House April 29, 2012 - Craft Ale House, 708 West Ridge Pike, Limerick
- LAST CALL FOR SUBURBAN BEER WEEK. $75. Reservations Required. 494.932.8181Doors open at 5pm, Dinner Served at 6pm. A portion of proceeds will benefit the Berks County Pa Humane Society.
Cioppino - San Francisco-style seafood stew with assorted shellfish, white fish and Andouille sausage in a spicy herbed tomato broth; served with garlic bread and paired with. Goose Island Sofie, Wine barrel- aged Saison
Rabbit Rillete - Buttery confit rabbit saddle shredded and tossed with pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, black currants and spring onion alongside a salad of red watercress, baby carrots and heirloom tomatoes tossed in roasted garlic vinaigrette and paired with Allagash Curieux, Jim Beam barrel-aged Belgian Tripel
Spring Papperdelle- House-made Papperdelle pasta tossed with fresh fava beans, morels, baby corn, tarragon and olio verde and paired with North Coast Grand Cru, oak barrel-aged American Strong Ale
Grilled Lamb Chops - All natural Reister Farms lamb chops marinated and grilled medium rare, served with roasted spring medley of peanut potatoes, candy beets, baby turnips, and nettles; soy molasses glaze and paired with . .Lost Abbey The Angel’s Share (vintage 2009), Bourbon barrel-aged Strong Ale
Baklava - Pecans, Marcona almonds walnuts and allspice baked between layers of flakey phyllo; topped with saffron-infused honey and served with passion fruit syrup
and paired with Russian River Consecration, Sour dark ale aged in Cabernet barrels with currants.