Events for October 2012
- Russian River Tasty Tuesday @ Teresa's October 02, 2012 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- Damnation, Blind Pig, Pliny the Elder and "something sour and perhaps magical" will be pouring, beginning at 4pm.
- Wyatt Day @ Waltz Golf Farm October 02, 2012 - Waltz Golf Farm, 303 W. Ridge Pike, Limerick,
- Wyatt Daring, who just started Kindergarten, is a big fan of Waltz Golf Farm.He suffers from a condition called Ichthyosis: he has no sweat glands and cannot control his body temperature. He can only go outside for short periods of time if he wears his cooling vest. Last week his vest was stolen from the family's van along with other items and they need to replace the vest asap.
Waltz Golf Farm wants to help...and here is what YOU can do. Play miniature golf today from 3-8pm and ALL proceeds will go directly to Wyatt's family for the purchase of a new vest. Wyatt and his family will be there to thank you and join in on the fun.
- 10-Four Good Buddy @ Grey Lodge Pub October 04, 2012 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- The last 10-Four Good Buddy was held back in 2008. It s a good and beer pairing event and these are the likely offerings: Yards Love Stout & oysters, Saison Dupont & bleu cheese with fig jam, Stoudts Oktoberfest & Bierwurst, Sly Fox Pikeland Pils and pork belly, Great Lakes Nosferatu IPA and a sharp cheedar & Breckenridge Vanilla Porter and peanut chew fudge.
Beer will be in small pours and the food will be small plates. 5 - 10pm. Pay As You Go.
- KOP Beerfest Royale October 05, 2012 - October 06, 2012 - King of Prussia Mall, Parking Lots Adjacent to The Court West DeKalb Pike. King of Prussia
- The First Annual Beerfest Royale will be a celebration of local craft beer and German beer over two days in two tents, including a special Oktoberf4st brewed for the event by Boxcar Brewing. Friday, 5:30 – 9 pm; Saturday, Session 1 – 12:30 – 4:00pm, Session 2 – 5:00 – 8:30pm. For tickets, go to the website.
- American Spirits: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition October 05, 2012 - April 28, 2013 - The National Constituion Center, 525 Arch St Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Last Call for all to visit the Prohibition Exhibit at the Constitution Center. It closes on the 28th of April Take a stroll through the Roaring 20's and view the nations most (Or least, depending upon who you speak to...) libatious hiccup! Films, photos, bathtub beer, and a recreated speak easy! Then walk on down to Prohibition Taproom for a beer or five....
- River Horse Oktoberfest October 06, 2012 - 80 Lambert Lane, Lambertville, Nj
- 1pm to 6pm. Rain or shine. No Cover Charge - Pay As You Go. Kid and dog friendly but they recommend coming early. Things get tight. Seven bers will be pouring: Special Ale, Tripel Horse, Hop A Lot Amus, Hop Hazard, Hipp O Lantern Imperial Pumpkin, Brewer's Reserve Batch #010 - Hefeweizen and our new Brewer's Reserve, Batch #011 - Rye IPA. Also real ale from casks including: Special Ale w/ bouron soaked oak chips, cinnamon sticks and vanilla beans; Hop A Lot Amus - dry hopped with chinook hops and infused with lemon peel. Rye IPA - dry hopped with zythos hops and Rye IPA - dry hopped with falconer's flight hops.
Menu will include Bratwurst and Burgers (Beef and Veggie). Three bands include Ludlow Station - Head Brewer, Chris Rakow's band.
Beer proceeds benefit Twin RiverTown Projects, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation that funds various community outreach programs/projects in the area like the New Hope, Lambertville, and Solebury Parks and Recreation Departments. ) Lambertville/New Hope Kiwanis, a non-profit civic organization that has been supporting people in need since 1923 including families in need, the local food pantries, volunteer rescue squads and The MS society of Central Jersey. Attendees are asked to bring non perishable, unopened foods for the two local food pantries, Fisherman's Mark and St. John's Church, which are both getting slammed.
- 7th Annual Food Festival @ Sunny Ballroom October 08, 2012 - Sunnybrook Ballroom, Pottstown
- The entire night’s proceeds benefit PAL’s youth programs. Come on out and enjoy great food, an incredible Silent Auction and the opportunity to make a difference in the life of the youth of our community. The Beer Yard will be pouring canned beer samples. 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $25.00
- Great American Beer Festival October 11, 2012 - October 13, 2012 - Colorado Convention Center, Denver, Colo.
- You know the drill. If you're not in Denver, check back here over the weekend for news of the local winners.
- Southern Tier Tap Take0ver @ FWOT October 17, 2012 - Fingers Wings and Other Things, 107 - 109 W. Ridge Pike, Conshohocken
- This event will feature the beers of Southern Tier along with seasonal foods including German Wurst Platter, Southern Tier Pumking Adobe Wing Sauce and other Southern Tier inspired treats from the FWOT kitchen. The beers will be tapped at noon, but things really get rolling at 6:00. MOre info: 610-828-6191
- Sly Fox & Sushi @ HeadHouse Cafe October 17, 2012 - HeadHouse Cafe, 122 Lombard St., Phila.
- This is a multi tap event with good featured prices and discounted sushi that fits character traits of the beers. There will be a raffle and giveaways. $2 off beers and a $15 sushi sampler. 7-9pm. More info: 215.922.2515.
- Friday Night Sampling: DuClaw October 19, 2012 - The Beer Yard
- We will welcome a new brewery to our shelves by pouring Black Lighting Ale, Euforia Toffee Brown Ale, Hellrazer IPA , Mysterium Belgian Spiced Ale, Serum DIPA & Venom Pale Ale. 5-7pm as usual.
- October "Feast" @ Wayne Art Center October 19, 2012 - Wayne Art Center, 413 Maplewood Ave., Wayne
- The Wayne Arts Center's take on Octoberfest will feature a culinary lesson from chef Jan Balster O'Hara of Jeffrey Miller Catering and tutored beer tasting conducted by the Beer Yard's very own Matthew J. Guyer. Four courses with beers to match. 6-9pm. $90. Tickets and more information: 610.688.3553
- Beer Making Class @ Di Bruno Bros. October 20, 2012 - Di Bruno Bros., [1730 Chestnut St., Philadelphia
- Brooklyn Brew Shop Co-Founder’s and Brooklyn Brew Shop’s Beer Making Book: 52 Seasonal Recipes for Small Batches authors Erica Shea and Stephen Valand will be
teaching a free beer-making class from noon to 2 PM.
The live beer making demonstration will show you that if you can make oatmeal, you can make beer. Erica and Stephen will show all the steps from grain to glass to
start turning out high-quality stove-top craft brews. The two will be on hand to answer questions and will be pouring samples of seasonally-inspired Fall beers including Bourbon Dubbel, a smooth dark Belgian ale brewed with oak chips soaked in bourbon paired with cheeses from the Di Bruno Bros. team.
- R5 Pub Crawl October 20, 2012 - Downingtown, Wayne, Ardmore, Philadelphia
- The fun will begin at Station Taproom in Downingtown at 12:00pm. Then its off to Teresa's Cafe & Next Door Bar in Wayne, Tired Hands in Ardmore and then Monk's downtown. Each stop will feature a variation of the collaborative R5 Saison brewed at Tired Hands by the owners of all four stops:
Station Taproom - Motueka dry-hopped R5 Saison
Teresa's Next Door - Brett fermented R5 Saison (Jaune)
Tired Hands - R5 Saison (Straight up)
Monk's - Brett Fermented R5 Saison (Marron)
- Lambic Luncheon @ Teresa's October 20, 2012 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- St. Louis Gueuze Fond Tradition, Vicaris Tripel-Gueuze, Oude Gueuze Tilquin à L'Ancienne, & Cantillon Classic Gueuze will all be on tap. Expect to see two different flights of assorted Cantillon, poured from stashed bottles as well. A lambic-based menu is in the works.
- Stift Engelszell Gergorius Trappistenbier Debut @ Monk's October 22, 2012 - Monk's Cafe, 16 & Spruce, Philadelphia
- Gergorius Trappistenbier, the first beer in the US from the eighth and newest officiall sanctioned Trappist Monastery, Stift Engelszell, will begin pouring at 5:30pm. It is It's a 9.7%abv dark ale made with a little local, Austrian honey. Monk's has the entire 10-keg initial shipment to America (the beer will be distributed more widely as subsequent shipments arrive), so this is a rare opportunity to be among the first to enjoy it.
- Wet Hop Wednesday @ Teresa's October 24, 2012 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.. Wayne
- On tap all day long: Port High Tide, Founders Harvest. Troegs Scratch #78 & Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere. Stop n and get your hop on!
- Pumpkin Head @ Standard Tap October 25, 2012 - Standard Tap, 2nd & Popular, Northern Liberties
- The Tap's fourth annual pumpkin beer event will feature 10 drafts of the area's best pumpkin brew's served out of a pumpkin gourd. Event starts at 4:00, gourds cost $10 with $2 refills. Breweries include SpringHouse, Manayunk, Riverhorse, Dock Street, Dogfish Head, Old Forge, Woodchuck, Weyerbacher, PBC, and Fegley's Brew Works. Pay As You Go.
- Halloween Blackout Weekend October 26, 2012 - October 28, 2012 - Teresa's Next Door, 124 N. Wayne Ave.
- Beginning Friday October 26th at Noon we will be pouring eight delicious, rare and dangerous beers over 10%.
J.W. Lees Harvest 2011, Emelisse Jack Daniel's Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, t'Smisje Catherine The Great Imperial Stout, Xbeeriment Black Force One, Struise Pannepøt, the Struise / Stillwater Outblack collaboration, and our favorite usual big hitters Klokke Roeland and Tripel van de Garre from Van Steenberge
- Friday Night Sampling: Boulder October 26, 2012 - The Beer Yard
- We will be pouring and sipping beers from Colorado's first microbrewery. 5-7pm. as always.
- Hardy-Har-Harvest @ Grey Lodge Pub October 27, 2012 - Grey Lodge Pub, 6235 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- It's what get when you combine stand up comedy with wet-hopped harvest beers smnf may ne the first event that combines stand-up comedy with beer. Comedians include James Hesky, Erin "E-unit" Mulville, Nicole Yates, John Kensil, and Benny Michaels.
The Tap List: Abita Pecan Harvest, Dock Street Rye IPA Fresh Hop. Long Trail Harvest Ale, Ommegang Scythe & Sickle - Philly Harvest From the Hood, Port High Tide IPA, Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest Ale Sixpoint Autumnnation & Victory Harvest Ale.
Beer will be tapped by 6pm, Comedy starts at 8pm. Pay As You Go.
- Thirstoberfest @ Memphis Taproom October 27, 2012 - Memphis Taproom, 2331 E. Cumberland St., Kensington
- Featuring This year more than 25 flagship and limited release beers from local and stateside craft breweries along with
some super rare international goodies. heck out the website for a list. This annual event celebrates the fall weather and the great joy of outdoor beer drinking and it marks the end of the Beer Garden season! Get yourself over quick for one last hot dog before it's too late and enjoy amazing prices on all Craft Cans. Noon to 6pm. Pay As You Go.
- All Hallowed Eve's Beer Supper @ Tired Hands October 30, 2012 - Tired Hands, 16 Ardmore Ave., Ardmore
- Tired Hands will be hosting its first beer dinner at 6:30pm. It's an evening full of hyper-local cuisine and beautiful, forward-thinking beers inspired by things that go bump in the night. The All Hallows' Eve Supper will feature five courses of local, seasonal fare with a seasonal beer paired with each course. THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT.
- Goose Island @ Side Bar October 30, 2012 - Sie Bar 7 Restaurant 10 E. Gay St., West Chester, Penna.
- This Goose Island Brewing Event is a special night of Vintage Ales and Bourbon County brews on tap for your pleasure, including Sofie, Matilda, Imperial IPA, and Bourbon County Stout. Starts at 8pm; plan to stick around for a night of Mystery Box Trivia starting around 9:30 p.m. Pay As You Go.
- Victory Brewing Get Up and Ghoul October 31, 2012 - Victory Brewing Company, 420 Acorn Lane, Downingtown, PA
- Celebrate Halloween at Get Up and Ghoul - Victory’s very own Halloween Costume Contest. Every contestant has a chance to win a raffle item throughout the night, and the final 4 contestants will be handsomely - or ghoulishly - rewarded!
- Terror at the Tap October 31, 2012 - Standard Tap, 2nd & Popular, Northern Liberties
- Join the crowed on on Halloween eve where they'll be having costume parties, DJ's and drink specials from Yards Brewery. Arrive any time between 9pm and Midnight e dressed in a costume and you can any Yards beer for $3 (a special firkin of their Simcoe Dry Hopped IPA will also be available). Participants can enter into a costume contest to win Yards prizes. Music will be provided by Student Driver.