Events for May 2017
- Sly Fox Bock Fest & Goat Races May 07, 2017 - Sly Fox Brewery, 331 Circle of Progress, Pottstown
- The Sly Fox Bock Festival & Goat Race is held every year, rain or shine and draws massive crowds. A mouthwatering lineup of bock beers including Slacker Bock, Helles Bock, Instigator Doppelbock, two Eisbocks and a Maibock, are poured. The day marks the release of the Maibock which is tapped immediately after the goat race and named in honor of the winning goat. A wide open, grassy field neighboring the 30,000 square-foot brewery is the annual site for the running of the ruminants and festival fun. Live German Oompah music plays from a stage and there is even coverage of the Goat Races on a jumbotron. Afterwards, some of the goats and their owners mingle with the crowd, delighting the many children in attendance with their families. 11am - 6pm
- Decadent Bullfrog Beer Dinner @ Nectar May 08, 2017 - Nectar, 1091 Lancaster Ave., Berwyn
- Chef Patrick Feury is teaming up with Williamsport, PA’s award-winning Bullfrog Brewery owner Steve Koch and Bewer Nate Saar for a three-course beer dinner beginning at 6:30 p.m. The dinner will be three courses, feature several of Bullfrog's beers, and include a fancy reception with food and drinks beforehand. Cost to attend is $65 per person (plus tax and gratuity), and reservations are required. Details on the dinner and reservatrions online.
- Taste of the Brewvitational May 11, 2017 - Reading Terminal Market, Philadelphia
- You can help Craig LaBan, the Inquirer Food & Restaurant Critic, pick the Best Craft Beer in Philly! For this year's 8th annual Brewvitational, Craig and his expert judges will choose winners in two categories -- New Beer and Lager. But this year, we're expanding the competition and you can be a judge as well. More than two dozen local brewers will offer samples of their beers at the first-ever Taste of the Brewvitational event. And event attendees will vote for their favorite Flagship beer. Results from both the expert judges and the public vote will be announced LIVE at the event and then published in the May 18 Food & Dining section of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Phoenixville Beer & Wine Festival May 13, 2017 - Kimberton Fair Grounds
- The first annual Phoenixville Beer & Wine Festival will be held at the Kimberton Fairgrounds today. Attendees can sample 80+ craft beers, 30+ wines, meads, ciders & spirits. Tickets, more information online.
- 17th Annual Brandywine Valley Craft Brewers’ Festival May 13, 2017 - Iron Hill Brewery @ Restaurant, 30 E. State St., Media
- Every year, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant in Media brings more than 20 local breweries together for their rain-or-shine Brandywine Valley Craft Brewers’ Festival, a four-hour beer fest with unlimited tastings benefitting the nearby Media Youth Center. 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. one of the region’s most popular beer festivals will celebrate their 17th anniversary. Ticket includes admission to the festival, along with a tasting cup and the chance to sample craft beer from the area’s best breweries.
- BrewFest @ Mount Hope May 13, 2017 - Mountr Hope Estate @ Winery, 2775 Lebanon Rd, Manheim
- oin us for the 9th annual BrewFest at Mount Hope on the grounds of Mount Hope Estate & Winery, taking place May 13, 2017 and is comprised of 2-four hour sessions, 11AM-3PM and 4:30PM-8:30PM! Fill your sampling glass with beers from a variety of different breweries from across the country, while enjoying live music, various merchants and complimentary food! Don't miss out on PA's premier craft brew festival! Tickets, More Info online.
- Special Thursday Sampling: Ommegang May 18, 2017 - The Beer Yard
- Pale Sour, Gnomegang, Hennepin, and Fruition will be pouring, 4:30 - 6:30PM.
- Stoudts Brewing's 30th Anniversary Party @ Teresa's May 19, 2017 - Teresa's Next Door, 124-126 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Join Carol Stoudt for their 30th anniversary party. We'll be pouring some great beer from one of the breweries that has been a foundation of the local beer market. Carol will join us at the beer yard from 4:30 - 6;30 for a sampling featuring Believer (30th anniversary beer)
Thne Teresa's will host Carol and crew, with special tapping of:
Sixtel of Fat Dog---aged in Whiskey barrels
Sixtel of Scotch Ale---aged in Rum barrels
ESB firkin---dry-hopped with East Kent Goldoing hops
APA firkin---dry-hopped with Cascade, Centennial, and Amarillo hops
sixtel of Believer (30th anniversary beer)...as well as Pils and Gold on tap.
- All Star Craft Beer and Wine Festival May 20, 2017 - Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia
- Thousands of beer goers and wine lovers will join together the first annual "All Star" Craft Beer and Wine Festival. Guests will treated like ballpark royalty with exclusive giveaways, activities, amazing craft beer and wine samples from around the world showcased throughout the entire concourse. The event will benefit the Fraternal Order of Police and The Barkann Healing Hearts Foundation, which provides financial assistance to families who are in need, due to recent adversity or tragedy. With over 100 craft beer and wine vendors, food vendors, musical entertainment, and appearances by the Phillies Phanatic, guests are guaranteed the experience of a lifetime. Tickets and more details online.
- Special Pre-Holiday Weekend Tasting May 25, 2017 - The Beer Yard
- Stoudt's American Pale Ale, Boulevard American Kolsch, and Brooklyn American Ale will be pouring, 4 -6pm
- La Trappe and Teresa’s Pay It Forward May 26, 2017 - Teresa's Next Door, 124-126 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- The Trappist tradition of brewing is predicated on the notion of giving the proceeds to charity. La Trappe is a non-profit brewery following in this tradition and Teresa's would like to help fulfill their cause. With beer this good, it'll be an easy job. Five La Trappe beers wil be pouring with all of the proceeds going to the Kyle Ambrogi Foundation, a local charity.
- Kolsch Weekend @ Teresa's May 26, 2017 - May 28, 2017 - Teresa's Next Door, 124-126 N. Wayne Ave., Wayne
- Four traditonal german Kolschs (Fruh, Gaffel, Sunner and Reissdorf) served in tradtional german glassware all weekend.
- Special Saturday Tasting: River Horse May 27, 2017 - The Beer Yard